Thursday, September 06, 2012

amy carmichael

 
i'm reading a book about amy carmichael ... it's called "A Chance To Die", author:  elisabeth elliot ... amy was an amazing woman who loved Jesus over all else ...  i've always known about her, but this biography really shares (through letters, articles, etc) how difficult her life was - yet how amy willingly and gladly forsook all to share Christ with those who didn't even want to hear the message!  she had such a burden for the lost ...

that's my "light, summer reading" ... ????!!!!  blessings on ya!



5 comments:

Felisol said...

Maybe no light, but interesting. I'm so often ashamed over myself. How easy I am loosing sight of my real goal, and how easily I fail and sin, over and over again.

Maggie Ann said...

I had that book once...she always touches my heart, but that book was not what I considered light reading...maybe my take at the time. Is it the book that tells how she became crippled?...I wonder. I am so tired...we went two days in a row...fun stuff but tiring for an old lady lol. Can you believe summer is winding down?? I can't. The days go faster than ever before...and I'm glad Jesus will come for us. I hope soon.

Maggie Ann said...

Saija, how good to get your visit and comment. Thank you dear blog buddy! I understand about being quiet in the blogging world...I make myself post sometimes and wonder if its time to shut it down. But...I'm reluctant to cut the ties yet. I think about it. I just scrubbed the kitchen and then tried to send our son a video of the steam threshers in action. Huh! blogger would only allow me to attach a 4 second video. So he gets to see some apples going up a chute to get mushed for apple cider. No steam thresher for him tonight. or in the near future. big hugs to you too Saija. It is a blessing that blogging let us meet. Or should that credit go to our Lord...smile.

Jada's Gigi said...

My huband has enjoyed her story but i have never read it...light reading indeed! :)

Unknown said...

I read a biography of her many years ago and was so touched. Hope this one continues to be a blessing to you!