Friday, September 18, 2015

do not be discouraged ...


i think discouragement is a sneaky emotion and state of mind ... just when we think "yes, we ARE victors!" ... then negative thoughts sneak in and knock the rah rah out of our enthusiasm ... once again, we need to re-focus on HIM who is the only Victor in this earthly battle against sin and defeat ... and it is only IN HIM that we can truly lay hold of that victory  ... thank you Lord, for always picking me up, when emotions want to trump reality - the reality that Jesus is my Lord and Saviour right to the end of days.

2 comments:

Joyce said...

Amen!! Thanks for this reminder, Saija. It is so easy to focus on circumstances, and not keep looking at God. I read Joshua chapter 6 this morning -- the tumbling of the walls of Jericho, led by faithful Joshua. And the verse in chapter 5 where he meets the angel of God and is told to remove his shoes for the ground on which he is standing is holy. How often I forget that God is right here where I am. Thanks for this verse, and lovely pic. God bless! ~Joyce

Maggie Ann said...

How true! God is everywhere and indwells us also. ~~~I should be doing all kinds of house work and here I sit updating the old blog and visiting a few favorites. Life seems so fast paced....I long for lazy days filled with a mimimum of busy and lots of time to be on the slow side of things. Maybe as we get even older...haha in my case. Sending loving thoughts to you both! R has much pain that comes & goes now-a-days...its worrisome. He's a go-er though =)