Saturday, July 09, 2005

Ancestral Home

Posted by Picasa



here is a picture i took while in Finland 2 years ago ... the lake is located within my ancestral home ... we lived there once upon a time ... and my dad's family still lives there ...

there is a lovely little wooden sauna tucked behind the trees ... also a large barbeque pit built within a gazebo ... the family farm is beyond the hills you see in the background ... it is a place that will always remain in my heart of hearts ...

my brother is there right now, even as i type this note! it is his turn to visit with dad's family ... tomorrow they will have a gathering of the clan on the shores of these waters ... a large tent will be erected ... all the cousins will bring food ... they will have a large bonfire and make pancakes on the outdoor grill ... visit and get reaquainted with a cousin who was only a name to some ... and yes - i wish i were there too - but now it is my brother's turn to experience this wonderful familial time ...

of course my mind goes to another homecoming ... the one set on the shores of eternity ... heaven's gathering will be even more glorious, when we finally arrive at our eternal home ... Jesus will have that banquet He promised us, all prepared ... a banquet for those who have accepted His gift of salvation ... that free love gift He offers to all ... forgiveness of our sins ...

as much as i long to be celebrating century old family ties in the land of my birth ... my heart yearns for my true Home - in heaven - the land of my rebirth ...

No comments: