Thursday, July 14, 2005

prayer works wonders

Posted by Picasa


"I awoke hungering and thirsting just to live a life of fellowship with God - With an immeasurable desire to be holy, acceptable to God, I opened my bible and while reading some words of Jesus - A heaven of Love came into my heart. My soul melted like wax before fire ... "
Samuel Logan Brengle (picture and quote copied from Decision Magazine)

blogging is a wonderful way to meet praying Saints of God ... i do thank you for taking time to pray for me ... the Lord gave me a good sleep last night ... then this morning i spent time in prayer and in the Word ... now i feel more optimistic ...

David quoted part of I Peter 5:10 to me in his comment ... so i took that chapter and also chapter 4 as a point of meditation this morning ... the sleep refreshed my body and God's word refreshed my heart ...

i asked His forgiveness for my rotten attitude too ... so today was my Sunday (tomorrow being the beginning of my work week) ... i had a day of rest, a day of worship and a day of fun! the fun part included a swim and sauna at my aunt's ... it was so relaxing ...

whenever we really get discouraged about our problems and life in general ... i guess we need to wait a day - things sometimes do get better ...

No comments: