Tuesday, October 11, 2005

strengthen my hands ...

pathway in my world Posted by Picasa



some days are rough ... then there are the really bad days ... days so dark that the sun seems to have left altogether ...

i don’t have many of the really horrible days ... but i did have one yesterday ... i didn’t even recognize the weeping, angry woman that i was ... even after praying for hours i still managed to unleash a fury that must have lay dormant for many years ...

the details concerning my blow-up aren’t important when looked through the light of eternity ... suffice it to say, though i am weary today, some peace has returned to my heart ...

i was reading in Nehemiah this morning ... and i wondered what in the world would come out of this old book that could be of relevance to me - today? but without even searching, the words jumped off the page and gave me courage ... not only for today, but the days ahead ...

Nehemiah asked God for strength to perform an impossible task, he said "... For they all made us afraid, saying, Their hands shall be weakened from the work, that it is not done. Now therefore, O God, strengthen my hands ... " Neh 6:9

"... this work was wrought by our God ... " v 16

" ... for the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh 8:10b


i’m not a preacher ... what i am, is a woman who is stumbling under the weight of her burden ... i fail, fall flat on my face, and in the process i am a horrible witness to my husband ... yet, God is merciful and forgives ... not only does He forgive, He dusts me off - reminds me that He will strengthen my hands for the task ahead ...


i share this because i don't want anyone thinking that i am so sweet and saintly that i never ever do or say anything that isn't wickedly wrong ... i am a struggling soldier of Christ ... i have battle scars ... i sometimes lose a battle, and must be reminded that eventually the Lord will win the war!

my faith may waiver for a moment, but God is still holding onto my hand ... i’m so glad He doesn’t let go ...

No comments: