Saturday, April 10, 2010

chitchat saturday ...


it's a quiet saturday evening, here in our little town ... i'm sitting in leo's big recliner, working on the laptop ... it's so nice to look outside and see the free flowing water - rather than a frozen river - and to anticipate new buds appearing on the bushes and trees - soon ... there are some buds sprouting in the flower garden ... i am always happy to see GREEN ... my favourite colour!


leo's doctors appt. went so very well on tuesday ... again, like the others, this doctor was kind and friendly ... he did go one step further than our other doctors - he suggested that maybe leo might like to see a neurosurgeon again ... leo doesn't think it'll help, but is ok with the idea ... we'll see what develops as we continue to trust God in ALL things ... i love the Lord so much ... :o)


it was a busy week ... i took our car in for an annual check up on thursday ... it was a good 50 minute drive from our place (everything is far, 'cause we live in a little town!) ... unfortunately, i came home with a rental ... :o( ... our car needed some repairs that took time ... i was sort of expecting something ... not because the car was acting up, but because we did some extra giving (by faith), and you know that old saying about no good deed going unpunished ... however - our joy of giving wasn't taken away by something unpleasant happening right after, and we even had to smile because the amount of the car repair was exactly the same as the amount that we had given!!!  well there was a 42 cent difference - but what are the odds?   the timing of it all was suspect!   this has happened to us a number of times, in different areas of our life ... ever happen to you too?


last night we had some company ... they came bearing fish!!!  pickerel ... yum ... my favourite ... leo used to catch me a fresh panful whenever i wanted it ... those were our "good cottage years" ... then his health began declining - and the fishing became less and less ... so whenever someone thinks to bring me fish - i am so so thankful ... 

just thought i'd chitchat a bit ... and also wish you guys a most blessed sunday .... and week to come!!! 

* * * * * * * *

It's spring fever. That is what the name of it is. And when you've got it, you want - oh, you don't quite know what it is you do want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so! ~Mark Twain



10 comments:

Mari said...

Hi Saija,
I'm enjoying the coming Spring here. We had snow on Friday morning, but it melted right away. The trees are budding and I love the green too!
Glad the appt went well and will be interesting to hear what the neurosurgeon says.
Yes - we've had the same sort of thing happen. We've also had it that we have extra money for some reason, but then the car breaks and we need it for repair. God always takes care of us, doesn't he?

Crown of Beauty said...

Dearest Saija,
I must tell you this story. I woke up at 4 am today...and I so very much wanted to go back to sleep, but the sleep was gone. And suddenly I heard this little voice tell me...Pray. So I sat up in bed and began to pray for the people that God placed in my heart...and one by one the names came.

Do you know that I specifically prayed for my friends from Canada named Saija, and her husband Leo, and her sister Maria. I prayed specific things for the three of you, and for you I prayed for J-O-Y in the midst of your circumstances, for Leo I prayed for a better management of his health issues, and for Maria, for a supernatural healing, and strength coming from a supernatural joy in her heart.

I thought that I should drop by your blog place as I haven't been to visit many blog friends lately.

So, imagine my surprise today to see that you had visited me just a few hours ago...

No, it is not a coincidence as you say.

Happy Spring, dear friend.

Love
Lidj

Amrita said...

Great to hear about your week and all blessings you are enjoying. He is no one 's debtor. You gave by faith and He provided for you. And the fish surprise too came as a bonus.

Have a good week

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Yes, we owe income taxes again this year and the amount that we owe this year is almost the exact amount of Mike's social security check!! God is always good when we give to him..I have heard it said that you cannot outgive GOD and I believe that.
Thanks for stopping by. Nice to hear that you are seeing some green. I posted some pictures today of our home and new plants and some rearranging of things outside. I love April in savannah!! Sandy

daisymarie said...

Chitchat is nice. Makes me feel like we're sharing over a cup of tea. (Mine has to be herbal.) Glad Leo's apt went well. And yes, I know exactly what you mean and have had to repeat that lesson too many times!

Cathy said...

Thanks for your visit. I enjoyed your chit chat. I'm glad the doctor's appt. went well. And I'm happy things are getting pretty around there for you. Blessings, my sweet friend ~

Felisol said...

Dear Saija,
I'm hoping for a warm and loving spring for all of you up in the cold North. Do you have long sunny days, like the ones we have in Norway by now?
I indeed hope so.
I also hope that whatever you choose to do about Leo's back, God in hiss grace will support.

About giving; I sooner have experienced the opposite; giving tithe has kind of become a jar of Sarepta.
We never had much money, but the Lord says to bring the tithe to him and try him this way.
We've never had to ask for money.
(Even though "old money" in our term is money lasting more than a month!)

Sometimes I think I'll give God a chance to send some more money, and buy a lottery ticket. So far, this has not been his way of working. I'd better give it up.

Prayers also for Maria
From Felisol

Unknown said...

I pray the Lord blesses you double what you gave. :)

I'm happy someone gave you yummy fish. Haven't had fresh fish in ages!

Sita said...

Love your chit-chat---you are one of the most 'comfortable' blog friends--so approachable--your heart for the Lord just shines through your everyday life--the chitchat---so glad we 'met'...have not visited for a while...been in some discomfort..but God certainly has been teaching me..
Love you,
Sita

Mrs. Mac said...

You have been a busy girl ... I'm glad you are having spring fever .. just about to explode on the scene here as well ... God is good in all things .. giving Him glory.