Sunday, January 22, 2012

strength for the day ...

i was listening to a sermon by david jeremiah (author of Slaying the Giants in your Life) ...  his message was the inspiration for the above poster ... 
the thought he left at the end of his message on worry was: “Don’t worry about anything, Pray about everything” ...

by God’s grace, we can try to do that daily ... especially since we serve the God who is “I AM” ... He’s not “I WAS” – tomorrow is finished ... or “I WILL BE” – that is the future – but I AM, as in the present – so He gives us the strength for today ...

5 comments:

Maggie Ann said...

What beautiful thoughts to end the day with. Thank you Saija. I'm out to the kitchen for a snack & then I'll be enjoying the warmth of our electric blanket. Boy...do I love that thing! =)

Felisol said...

Dear Saija,
I thank you so very much for sharing these beloved words.
I felt particularly small and outnumbered today, we are of again to try helping my mother out with a problem.
I felt flat , I am flat in my own resources, but the Lord shall preserve both Gunnar, my mother, Serina and me with the strength we need.
Hallelujah.

Mari said...

Good message - something I need reminding of when I start to stress about something. Thanks!

Felisol said...

Dear Saija,
I just had to come back and witness, God did keep his promises.
We had a great day with my Mom yesterday and walked through problems like Moses through the red sea.
We even shared fun and laughs and made it home through a beginning blizzard.
Just as the snowflakes were about to blind the sight of Gunnar driving, I whispered to the Lord of the storm and snow, and we rode the rest of the way back under an open and star shining sky.
He is the Lord, indeed.

Susan said...

Yes, the great I AM.......(period).