Friday, August 12, 2005

carefree memories

Posted by Picasa


i’m the eldest of mother’s children ... 2 of my sisters could actually BE my children! and the 2 that are closest in age to me, well - i still have them beat by over 10 years ...

needless to say, i was the built in baby sitter! in those days the diapers were washed in a ringer washer, rinsed 6 times, then ironed ... there were endless bottles to clean, pabulum to be made and someone’s diaper always needed changing!

i loved my sisters and usually enjoyed helping out ... but i was only a kid myself and needed some kid time, without the worry of babies & bottles ...

so the Lord blessed me with a friend who cheerfully took me away for some summer weekends ... weekends at the cottage ... weekends full of being catered to by my friend’s mom - pizza’s and other goodies that were definitely not a normal part of my life ... swimming in the placid waters of the bay, sharing girlish secrets, lying on the grass watching the clouds go by ...

some of my most carefree childhood memories are wrapped up in the picture i’ve posted of that very cottage ... my haven of rest ... as i look back at it now - i smile at the kindness of my Heavenly Father ... giving me a place where i was able to run free, without a care, and just be a kid.

No comments: