Friday, January 27, 2006

fired!

ok, i admit it ... for the past few weeks i’ve been trying to do God’s job ...

guess what? i have been absolutely lousy at it! i know, no big surprise there ... *shakes head, foolishly grins* ... sooooo, i fired myself ... all i was doing was getting my shorts in a knot and accomplishing NOTHING! sheesh!

i fretted about a place to live ... the Lord provided many options ...

i worried about help for the move ... one friend drove 1000 miles to come take care of things ... others have offered help before and after the move date ... there are numerous trucks ready to go - with strong young bodies willing to lift & tote that furniture!

i got anxiety attacks over Leo’s poor health ... his health didn’t improve, it just made for a miserable household ...

all along, i knew better!

so i fired myself today ... i think i should let my God, BE my God ... my Redeemer, my Saviour, the Lover of my soul and the One who knows how my particular story should play out ...

when i start to fret again (which is my natural inclination) ... remind me that i am officially fired ... instead, the Lord is back in control!



Apart from me, you can do nothing - Jesus

8 comments:

Fred said...

You scared me with the title. Whew!

I think by nature you are a person who worries about every little detail and you want to make sure everything is where it needs to be. I'm the same way.

Maybe I should take your advice and fire myself, too.

Saija said...

fred ... well you kind of did that (firing yourself!) by becoming a school teacher instead of staying in the corporate world ... it is good to know ones own nature and then we can fix or accommodate! which ever works! blessings on ya!

Maggie Ann said...

My eyes filled with tears reading your post. How fragile we are...and how strong is our heavenly Father. I think of the quote..'we have seen the enemy and it is us'..well, speaking for myself here...how often I have to learn the same lessons over again, sadly enough. but God is always near to comfort and cheer. Amen! hugs from Maggie Ann. Glad things are looking up.

Saija said...

maggie ann ... i'm glad that the Lord remembers our fragile nature ... and loves us despite anyway! i also love the passage where it says that God uses the foolish things to confound the wise - i don't mind being used in that way either ... i will try to keep my eyes on the Lord and quickly reach for His hand when my feet stumble ... hugs backatcha!

see-through faith said...

wonderful realisation! Blessings on your move and even more on your ability to trust that He cares for you -and therefore you can cast all anxiety on Him. (1 Peter 5) blessings!

Saija said...

Lorna ... it is easy to believe from an easy chair, but when i have to get up out of that chair and walk by faith - well that is when the real test starts! blessings to you!

Linda said...

Oh Saija, I think we can all safely say we've been there, done that. (And confess that I STILL take over the driving wheel at times!)

What a blessing it is when we surrender full control to the One who knows all, sees all and loves us with an everlasting love!

the⋆silver⋆of⋆His⋆fining said...

Just reading this for the first time as part of your condo saga, Saija. This is a lovely thought, much needed frequently on my part -- firing one's self. I love it! I'm forever trying to fix and plan and not wait on God. I'm going to remember this! Thanks for sharing. God's way is always best.