Thursday, August 10, 2006

not all days are wonderful



yesterday i had a really bad day ...

it started out well ... i read the word, prayed ... leo and i had a nice chat about the devotional we had shared ...

then i allowed one teenie tiny comment to shatter my serenity and peace ... i decided to take this comment and run with it ... in the wrong direction!

sigh ...

do you ever do that? implode on yourself?

one moment i am a mature, responsible, faith-filled person ... and the next moment, i become a big baby in a sandbox ... wanting to smack the little boy sitting in there with me - making his mudpies - with my plastic shovel!

yup ... that was me yesterday ...

well the house got really really cleaned ... i do that when upset ... clean like a tazmanian devil ...

later when i ran out of things to clean - i prayed about my sensitive skin and lack of patience (note to saija: read your previous posted scripture verse!) ... and asked God to redirect my thinking ...

He answered with a little sermonette given by beth moore - that i just "happened" to come across last night ... i had never seen her little segment on wednesdays ... but i was sure all ears last night ... and yes, it did apply to me 100% ... go figure, eh?!!!

this morning i felt better ... however there is a little left-over tension around here ... that little boy in the sandbox with me? - well i did happen to kind of kick his mudpies to smithereens ... sigh ... i guess i best just help him build sandcastles instead ...

"Love suffereth long, [and] is kind; love envieth not; love vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not its own, is not provoked, taketh not account of evil; rejoiceth not in unrighteousness, but rejoiceth with the truth; beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things. Love never faileth ..." I Corinthians 13: 4-8

16 comments:

Unknown said...

awww.... sometimes life is just like that. (hugs) to you both. now kiss and make up. that's more fun than mud pies anyways. ;)

Catherine said...

"do you ever do that? implode on yourself?"

Oh, yes! I really hate when I do that to myself, too. I'm sorry you had such a rough day. At least you ended up with a sparkling clean house, though. :)

I hope things are all smoothed over and back to normal now!

**hugs**

Terry said...

Dear Saija...I know how you are feeling..I had a week of that just after coming back from out west...depressed and not really being able to overcome it.Your blog helped me a lot during that time so I hope you know that we are here for you and your sweetheart too...Love Terry

Saija said...

mrsd ... :o) ... i'm so glad to hear that all is fine with daughter #1 ... i was thinking of you guys last night!

catherine ... yes a clean house and an extra long bike ride were good outcomes! plus i think that a little shaking up isn't a bad thing - it's a learning curve, right? never to old to learn something new about oneself!!!

terry ... aww, i'm sorry to hear that you went into the valley after your mountain top experience ... isn't that the way it goes sometimes? ... and thank you for your support! i sometimes think that i'm a bad partner for someone with chronic pain - but i'm the one that is here (for 32 years HERE, next week) ... God knows our hearts & motives ... so it's always good to just double check them ourselves - to make sure we are on the right path ... maybe i just had a little Divine corrective surgery the other day! blessings ...

Anonymous said...

Not easy to always be patient and ignore things that set us off...proves you are human too, my dear. I have such times myself with my hubby...communication is oft lacking, for sure! Blessings on you and hope the troubled waters are soon smooth again.

Saija said...

elizabeth ... one of the reasons i started this blog was because i needed an outlet for the bad days ... then this blog seemed to become a little devotional thing that i wanted to encourage others with - but through it all, i'm just a saved sinner who has bad days myself! today is a new day - clean slate, and hopefully a day where i can enjoy the JOY of my salvation! blessings to you ...

Michael said...

*sigh*

I do that all the time too.


Take Care
Michael

Anonymous said...

i'm sorry about your bad day, but now i know your human. heehee. just kidding. i knew you were human. i just never heard of you being angry.

Anonymous said...

What Susiebadoozie said. LOL!

And, oh yes, I often read too much into any comment made by my mostly-silent husband. Unfortunately I tend to eat when stressed.

Jammie J. said...

(hugs)

Terry said...

Dear Saija..The children today have missed so much in their school life.
I remember that when I lived out west that the "love" verses in Corinthians was one of the "poems" that was standard memorizing in grade nine..Now the kids don't know anything about it unless they go to Sunday school or have God fearing parents...
I don't know about Manitoba now but in Ontario in the public schools the Bible has been put out and "God" has been taken out of "Oh Canada"...Such a shame!
Your bringing up this chapter has reminded me of how fortunate the children were in my day......Love Terry

MEME16 said...

sending you a soft hug- had a few of those bad days lately too- thanks for sharing for some how it helps to know that we can share good days and bad days--huggles me.

Rodney Olsen said...

Good to hear that the bad day is over and that you've turned the corner.

It must be wonderful to know that there are so many comments here from many concerned friends. I'm sure that this 'cyber-support' is a big help on the bad days.

Saija said...

michael ... thin skin is no fun, eh? ... *sigh* ...

susie ... *grin* ... well that was why i did share my anger & hurt feelings ... just so you know i get that way too!! i'm better but leo is still cranky ...

sabine ... i lose my appetite when stressed ... i need to do something so i don't prolong the fight ... cleaning works for me! i know that you probably don't feel well enough to do that - so eating would be my choice too - that is, if we could choose!

jeanette ... all hugs gratefully accepted ... ((hugs)) backatcha!

terry ... i think it's the same here in MB ... and i love 1 Corinthians ... if i want to remain angry, i read that chapter over and decide that i control my own actions - so i need to behave the way the Lord would want me to ... sigh - not easy all the time!

marilyn ... it does help to know that we all have these difficult times, doesn't it? i hope you are having better days now ... and thanks for the soft hugs!

rodney ... cyber-support is wonderful ... and it truly does help ... *smile* ... blessings to you!

Maggie Ann said...

Who could not identify with you here? I sure can. Thankfully, as an old friend used to remind me...most things 'come to pass'. Biblical...=). I have often told my daughter & son that when something hurts me or makes me cry, it takes about 3 days to heal up...just like getting a boo-boo. It has to have time to heal. Well, thats just me but I suspect I have lots of company somewhere in this world. Hope you are having a good week now and are back to building sandcastles with your beloved.

Saija said...

maggie ann ... yes 3 days seems to be the length of time to get things back to normal ... well less for me - more for leo ... so 3 days is an average!!! everything does come to pass ... :o) ... sometimes little blow-ups are a good thing, they point to my sin nature and reminds me to stay close to the Lord!