Wednesday, July 02, 2008

enjoy the simple things ...

Charge those who are rich in this world that they be not haughty, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy. 1 Timothy 6:17


don't you love it, that the God of the Universe ... who made ALL things ... wants us to enjoy our lives in Him ... and not to just plain enjoy - but RICHLY enjoy ...


and that's exactly what we've done these past few days ... just enjoyed the simple pleasures of small town life ... celebrating Canada day ... thanking the Lord for the abundance in our land ...

the 4th of july will be our neighbours time to celebrate ... we just started the party early!

here are a few scenes taken from our front deck ... our front row seat to the life God has blessed us with!


i dragged out a small leather recliner we have - for leo - so that he could watch the fireworks in comfort ... i settled into a patio chair ... then we watched the sky overhead us explode with colour and light ... there were lots of "ohhhhs" and "awwwwws", as we enjoyed the best light show that an itty bitty town of 1000 could put on ...



the next day, a parade walked by our place ... after the mounties marched by with their famous red outfits ... the floats, old cars, and all manner of other cuteness came along ...

we got quite a bit of candy and other goodies thrown our way from the people on the floats ... i mean, it was really a small town affair - but such simple fun that we grinned all the way through it ...

and just in case the summer becomes too easy going ... too relaxed ... we have our little scooter now ... he has his bursts of energy and plays with great enthusiasm!

yup, it has been quite an event filled time ... plus all the bike rides, flower tending, unexpected company .... we've had a great start to the summer ...

just sharing ... and wish all my american buds a wonderful 4th of july weekend!!!

13 comments:

Sita said...

Wow...my boys would love a view like that...fireworks in your backyard...awesome..we did not get to see any this year...thunderstorms that night...sounds like you're having a wonderful summer...blessings, Sita

Mari said...

Thanks for the well wishes! How nice ot enjoy the parade and fireworks right from you house. I think God wanted Leo to be able to enjoy things when He put you there!

Wendy said...

Sounds like a fun time was had by all.

Scooter is even cuter awake (hardly seems possible, I know)...he looks like he's trying to get into some mischief!!! :)

Cathy said...

A neat post, Saija ~
Loved the pictures and especially that one of little Scooter ~
Blessings and Hugs,
Cathy

Ruthie said...

I found your blog through Mimi's at Listen to Grammies. What a nice place to visit. Your Canada Day celebration looked wonderful. My Dad grew up in Canada - went to PBI and on the China as a missionary. Met my Mom there who was from the USA and they were married. I was born there.
I read your father's day post - and I still miss my Dad too, and it's been 22 years. I think we always miss our parents.
Thanks for letting me stop by.
Smiles.

Anonymous said...

What a fun day!! We watched Canada Day fireworks for the first time this year! We always wanted to go to the old port, but the show there starts at 10PM we are usualy fast asleep bt then! A nieghbour invited us to watch his set off fireworks with his family it was loads of fun!!

Scooter is SOOOOO cute!!! I'm sure Leo is gld for his company.
One of our cats wouldn't leave my dad alone when he was sick, and even though he didn't really like her I know he was glad to have her by his side. Even in his last moments on earth she pushed ME out of he way ( I was hugging him)so she could snuggle him. God sure did make cats smart!

Love you lots!
Little Montreal Girl

Fred said...

What a fun post and the pictures were great.

We'll be spending a much quieter holiday here at my house than you did. A small BBQ in a few hours then watching fireworks from our front yard.

The kitty is beautiful!

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Thanks for your visit and a Very Happy Canada Day to you, and your adorable new kitty...!

Maggie Ann said...

Happy Canada Day to you! I loved this post..and clicked to enlarge the pictures. I just posted fireworks pictures and came visiting to..find you had too...smile. I didn't know you did child evangelism that year...how wonderful! Its late 1:03 and I still have a lunch to pack and get ready for bed. Its been SUCH a fun evening and to think I protested going to the fireworks show and it was spectacular. It looks like yours was too....smile. goodnight friend.

Susan said...

"Life" has been crowding out my blog writing and reading lately but I'm finally making the rounds again. So happy to come here and see that the Lord is blessing you so!!!1 Yes, He gives us life and that life Abundant Life!!!
Susan

Anonymous said...

We usually do the parade and fireworks in our little town, but this weekend we are re-roofing our house...I am making sure the refrigerator is stocked with cold water and sodas and tending to food and pictures...

blesings to you

donna

Catherine said...

That looks like so much fun. I'm glad you and Leo enjoyed the party. Small town celebrations are often the best kind. :)

Julia Dutta said...

Saija,
I am here from Amrita's and I must say the picture of your cat takes my breath away...she is soooooooo cute :)
Julia