Saturday, August 23, 2008

our medal count is 18!!!!



Canada's medal count is 18 ... yay for Canada ... it's one of our better summer olympic showings ... leo and i had so much fun watching ... and cheering our athletes on ...

which reminds me of a much greater race we are all in ...

I do everything to spread the Good News and share in its blessings. Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win! All athletes are disciplined in their training. They do it to win a prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize. 1 Corinthians 9:23-25

keeping an eye on eternal life - which is ours in Christ Jesus ...

9 comments:

Mari said...

I am enjoying the Olympics too and am happy for Canada's good showing! You do put things in perspective though - there is a much greater prize that a medal.

Maggie Ann said...

I've enjoyed the Olympics too. Have you noticed how skimpily the women are dressed though...while the men often have much more covering? I refused to watch the volleyball with the bikini like 'clothes'. I can't help it...thats how I feel. Naked is naked. Hope you'll still be my friend...grin. I was glad your guy won the equestrian? competition. That was thrilling to see the horses jump like that.

Mimi said...

Canada is doing very well in the olympics...
and scooter is really sweet protecting his domain...
glad you enjoyed your company...

Cathy said...

I'm glad you all enjoyed the Olympics. For some reason, I have not watched much of it.

Amrita said...

Wonderful. Great going for Canada. My mother and i also enjoyed watching the games and the opening and closing ceremonies.

Cathy said...

I have an award for you at my blog, dear.

Susan said...

What breaks my heart is so many are walking away, and quiting, this great race of faith that we are told to run :o( I am determined to run the race God has set before me.
Susan

Felisol said...

Dear Saija,
congratulations, you are a great nation.
You and Leo are even greater in the way you are running the race of your life.
From Felisol

Sita said...

Yup, it was a very slow start for us, but we came through marvellously. I loved it when Eric Lamaze(right spelling?) won his medal after his former demise. It was a story of redemption.

And I agree with that comment about the women's clothing. Why so skimpy? In one of the sprints, only one woman showed the 'strength' to dress modestly, and she was Islamic, fully covered with long leggings. Oh well...is modesty a 'lost' virtue?

And I agree with Felisol's comment (she is such a great encourager!)that you do set a wonderful example of persevering in the race set before you. Thank you and blessings!