Thursday, November 06, 2008

billy graham turns 90

billy graham's birthday is tomorrow - november 7th ... and he will be 90 ... if you want to leave a little "happy birthday" note, you can do that at http://www.billygraham.org/ ...

here is what dr. graham had to say about this birthday:

“I never expected to live this long, and it is hard to believe I have reached the age of 90,” says Mr. Graham. “Every day is a gift from God, no matter how old we are. I have discovered that just because we grow weaker physically as we age, it doesn’t mean that we must grow weaker spiritually. In fact, we ought to be growing stronger spiritually because our eyes ought to be on eternity and Heaven—on the things that really matter.”

i have been so blessed by the billy graham ministry over the years ... the decision magazines and books that they sent - i can truly say that God has used them in my life - to help me grow in grace ...

the world is a better place because of billy (and ruth - who has already entered into her reward)

may God bless billy graham ...

10 comments:

Mari said...

This is probably a hard birthday for him, as I think it is the first without Ruth. He has allowed God to use him greatly!

Jammie J. said...

He is such an inspiration, isn't he? The pastor of the church I "go to" online says that Billy Graham reads 5 chapters of Psalms every day, and what that means is that he goes through the entire book of Psalms in a month. Psalms is such a wonderful book, although my favorite I think will always be Ecclesiastes. :)

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Golly 90..same age as my dad!! wow!! Thanks for letting us know this. Also today is our 2nd oldest granddaughter's birthday. She is 17 today!! What an age...do you remember that? I do and believe me I would NOT WANT TO go back..Sandy

Deborah said...

I got saved the day after watching a Billy Graham movie called the Prodigal. I already had heard the gospel and knew what I needed to do, but that movie seemed to answer all my lingering questions.

Susan said...

Truly a great man of God. AMEN!!! I agree totally with his comment about growing more spiritally as we age, "The things of the world grow faintly dim, in the light of his glory & grace" are words I love to an old hymn.
Susan

Pat said...

What a wonderful legacy of faith this man has provided to all who will listen. Truly an inspiration!

Anonymous said...

He has inspired me throughout my life....

Mrs. Mac said...

Billy Graham is such a humble servant of God ... he's has been one of the most influential preachers in world history touching millions with the message of the cross. Happy Birthday Mr. Graham.

Amrita said...

I was saved through Mr Graham 's ministry.

meili_lo said...

yes he is a blessing...I believe when his days will soon be over here on earth, he can say he lived a life worth remembering.

hope you can visit my blog. i hope to hear your opinion regarding some survey questions i posted. would really appreciate it if u can visit.

http://www.shewritesyouwrite.blogspot.com/

thanks!