Sunday, February 01, 2009

This is my doing ... 1 Kings 12:24



Streams in the Desert ... February 1st reading ... may it bless your heart, as it has blessed mine ...

This is my doing (1 Kings 12:24)

The disappointments of life are simply the hidden appointments of love.
C.A. Fox

My child, I have a message for you today. Let me whisper it in your ear so any storm clouds that may arise will shine with glory, and the rough places you may have to walk will be made smooth. It is only four words, but let them sink into your inner being, and use them as a pillow to rest your weary head.
"This is my doing."

Have you ever realized that whatever concerns you concerns Me too? "For whoever touches you touches the apply of [my] eye" (Zech. 2?8). "You are precious and honored in my sight" (Isa. 43:4). Therefore it is My special delight to teach you.

I want you to learn when temptations attack you, and the enemy comes in "like a pent-up flood" (Isa. 59:19), that "this is my doing" and that your weakness needs My strength, and your safety lies in letting Me fight for you.

Are you in difficult circumstances, surrounded by people who do not understand you, never ask your opinion, and always push you aside? "This is my doing." I am the God of circumstances. You did not come to this place by accident - you are exactly where I meant for you to be.

Have you not asked Me to make you humble? Then see that I have placed you in the perfect school where this lesson is taught. Your circumstances and the people around you are only being used to accomplish My will.

Are you having problems with money, find it it hard to make needs meet? "This is my doing," for I am the One who keeps your finances, and I want you to learn to depend upon Me. My supply is limitless and I "will meet all your needs" (Phil. 4:19). I want you to prove My promises so no one may say, "You did not trust in the Lord your God" (Deut. 1:32).

Are you experiencing a time of sorrow? "This is my doing." I am "a man of sorrows, and familiar with suffering" (Isa. 53:3). I have allowed your earthly comforters to fail you, so that by turning to Me you may receive "eternal encouragement and good hope" (2 Thess. 2:16). Have you longed to do some great work for Me but instead have been set aside on a bed of sickness and pain? "This is my doing." You were so busy i could not get your attention, and I wanted to teach you some of My deepest truths. "They also serve who only stand and wait." In fact, some of My greatest workers are those physically unable to serve, but who have learned to wield the powerful weapon of prayer.

Today I place a cup of holy oil in your hands. Use it freely, My child. Anoint with it every new circumstance, every word that hurts you, every interruption that makes you impatient, and every weakness you have. The pain will leave as you learn to see Me in all things.
~Laura A. Barter Snow

16 comments:

Mari said...

Saija, that is a beautiful devotional and would you believe that a friend from church showed me that very poster this morning. She is going to frame it.

Amico Dio said...

I just wanted to come by and say congratulations for being one of the Internet Cafe's Top 100 Christian Women's Blogs of 2008! You are truly a blessing. Thank you for the many ways that you serve!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your nomination for the 08 Internet Cafe Devotions Top 100!!! What a blessing!

Susan said...

Once we fully grasp the truth that nothing can touch us without God stepping aside and allowing it life becomes so much easier. You don't see this topic discussion much in blogland. I appreciate that you posted this.
Susan

Sita said...

Now this is a classic..so beautiful..profound...true..thank you for sharing this..
and by the way, I nominated you!
Love, Sita

Maggie Ann said...

I'm glad for your award. BIG smile and hug!

Julie said...

This was a beautiful post. I found you from the Internet Cafe where I am one of the devotional writers.
I came by to congratulate you. This is my first time to visit your blog and I enjoyed my time here.

If you want to come by for a visit, I'd love to have you stop by my personal blog. I love meeting new people.

Again, congratulations.... keep writing your heart!

Blessings

Maggie Ann said...

I just read your comment that you are on diets...I started a new way of eating 3 months ago and its worked so well for me. No flour and no sugar...well.. usually none. I love how much better I am doing all the way around. Its funny and great at the same time that if you can get thru the first month or two...your eating desires really change. I love to make my own 'chunky' soups and my favorite dessert at restaurants is...fruit and pickled beets. Grin...

Cathy said...

I am so glad Amy came over to post about your winning the award. You need to show it on your blog! Congratulations, my friend with the lovely blog!

A wonderful post and picture ~

Amrita said...

Thankyou for today 's encouragement.

Congratulations for being nominated for the Internet Cafe award.

You really deserve it.

Laurie Ann said...

What a great post! Precious picture, too.

I just wanted to stop in and say congratulations for being one of the Internet Cafe’s Top 100 Christian Women’s Blogs of 2008! Your blog truly does bless!

Felisol said...

Dear Saija,
I congratulate you with you appointment, even if I do not know exactly what it means.
I do know from years back that you are a genuine writer and photographer.
I always find myself uplifted when reading your posts.
Today's was especially strengthening, since I felt a bit weak and worn myself.

How wonderful to be assured that where I am is God's doing, and he will stay by my side all the days of my life.
Thank you for being a lighthouse in a dark winter.
Send my loves to Leo.
From Felisol

grammy said...

Great post. Still praying for Maria.

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

I have so missed coming by..i think that I have taken on too many blogs to read and thus cannot get them all read...I see that Maria had another scare..whew!! Hope she is better now..
I Love this...God is always there telling us and showing us what he wants us to learn..What a blessing!!

Catherine said...

Ah, I needed to read this one today! Thanks for the reminder. :)

Unknown said...

Wow what a confirmation on a sermon I am busy doing for one of my woman camps coming up end october 2015 and I came across your blogg. The spirit of the Lord is so powerful that everything said above is exactly what I have written in afrikaans. Thnx so much for this confirmation this was a blessing reading it.