Thursday, January 29, 2009

an update on maria ...

the way i will always picture maria
pic taken while babysitting her, years and years ago ...

a little maria update for my praying buds ...

we had another scare on tuesday ... the emergency dialysis tube they had put in her neck failed ... so she HAD to have surgery to put one in her heart ... the procedure was a success and her dialysis has continued ...

my mom was visiting with her yesterday and was so thrilled to see maria's chin again!!!! the bloating from failed organs is not a pretty sight, and maria's neck had been so thick with built up fluids, plus side effects from the meds she is on - that her chin just disappeared in there somewhere! ...

my sister who lives in the city noted that the puffiness around maria's eyes has gone down ... in fact, her eyes are more than mere slits now ...

of course all of this is making her so very tired ... but her will to live is strong ... and so far, God is allowing her to stay here for a while longer ...

thank you again for praying for maria's comfort and God's will that surrounds her life ... and all of our lives ... blessings on you ...

12 comments:

Mari said...

Thanks for the update. I was wondering how she was doing. What a cute picture!

Cathy said...

Oh, Saija, bless her heart. She has been through so much. Her little picture is so cute too. I do pray for her comfort and healing. Thanks for the update.

jel said...

thanks for keeping us updated about maria



flybyhugging


hello to Leo

Susan said...

Such a difficult time for all of you. Thank God for Jesus who carries the burdens we bare.
Susan

Sita said...

I know this is difficult ...watching a loved one suffer... my own 15-yr-old niece is in ICU still with her face swollen from brain surgery...

Father, I pray that You surround Maria with Your earthly and heavenly angels who will be Your Hands and heart for her. May her recovery and health not be further jeopardized by hospital bugs or infections. May You carry her, sustain her and heal her. Let her rest serenely in Your care. Please surround Saija and other family members as well with Your grace. Cushion them with Your love and provision.
In the Name of Jesus, I pray, Amen.

Amrita said...

Praying for god 's healing, mercy and grace for Maria and all the family too. This is such a difficult time

Crown of Beauty said...

I am praying for Maria. What an encouraging report. I speak like to Maria, and all her organs, specifically her kidneys, her pancreas, and her heart... May the resurrection life and ascension power of Jesus be released upon her today. I always pray this for her.

daisymarie said...

still praying...my heart aches with and for you!

Pat said...

Such a cute bunny. I feel that there is such a purpose in Maria's life...her suffering will not be in vain.
As always my friend, I continue to pray for Maria and for you all.

Anonymous said...

(((Saija))), I'm praying for Maria. What terrible suffering she is going through. I have a little sister, too. She is in her 40s now but I remember her younger years so well. She was and is loved much by all of us in her family. I can only imagine what you are going through.

Maggie Ann said...

I'm so sorry to hear of Maria's suffering. Praying the Lord's strength for you all and especially for her. *hugs*...

Felisol said...

Dear Saija,
I am praying for Maria as well.
From Felisol