Friday, September 14, 2007

trust

what a topsy turvy upside down few weeks this has been ... after being so relieved that leo was better ... he is once again struggling "with something" ... whether it is the pneumonia or his meds creating problems re lack of oxygen in his system - the doctor isn't quite sure ... tho' the meds could be the culprit ...

we knew that one day there would be an issue with the meds ... but they are needed to control the 24/7 pain ... yet they create a whole set of other problems ... such is the round and round world of chronic pain ...

leo is on antibiotics again ... then on monday he'll do more labwork (they want early morning samples) ... for now i'll just watch over him as best as i know how ... and rely on my God to keep us both safe ... He ALWAYS has a plan, my Jesus, even tho' i don't know what it is - i will try to practise what i've always preached - and just TRUST in HIM, rather than leaning on my own understanding ...

blessings to you, dear blog buds ... and thank you for praying for us ...

UPDATE: well it's saturday p.m. now ... today has been much better ... it has been such a roller coaster ride for us lately ... i'm losing track of time! ... leo did have a rocky night - and restless morning - but today was so much better then yesterday ... maybe he still has a "bug" that the antibiotics are working on? that is my hope ... i'm sure it was your prayer that has AGAIN turned the tide ... thank you!!!

16 comments:

Cathy said...

Yes, dear Saija, we will keep praying for you. That reminded me of a song I wrote and had forgotten about- "Trusting In Thee" - a long one, not short. :o) Part says : For Thou art the Potter, and I am the clay. Mold me and use me in Thine own special way, For my life's in Thy hands, and I wait patiently, trusting in Thee, Lord Jesus.

Anonymous said...

Oh no, I hate to hear this. What a terrible let down this is. I'm praying for you and Leo.

Lean on Him, He is your strength.

1 Peter 5:7Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

Mimi said...

Saija,
you are a very strong person and we are all praying very hard for Extra Strength from God to see you through this next valley you must walk through.
I pray every day that Leo's pain will lessen enough for him to get enough rest to sustain him.
and that you're health will hold up so you can care for Leo

BigDadGib said...

I'll add you to my prayer list.

You have a great blog :)

Your newest blog bud... BigDadGib

Unknown said...

Saija, Your cross is so heavy but you are sharing the load with all of us & we are helping to hold your cross to the ONE who can bear the Whole weight. May Jesus be so near to you & Leo that you can feel His sweet breathe on you both.

Susan said...

Prayers going up for both Leo & you, Saija, as you deal with this on a day to day, moment by moment basis.
Susan

Anonymous said...

Just checking back for an update on you and on Leo's health. Praying for you both.

Mari said...

Saija - I am praying for you and Leo. I know the last few weeks have been tougher than usual. It's good to know that God is in control, even when things don't make sense.

Anonymous said...

Dear Saija, I am sorry Leo has been suffering so, and I have you both in my prayers. Bless you,
Maureen

Felisol said...

Dear Saija,
Yes, I am praying for you and Leo.
I just must believe there is a balm in Gilead. That's one of the stones on which my life is built. And roller coasters are tiresome and mind wrecking, but one at least get to see glimpses of light now and then.
Give my best to Leo.
Yours Felisol
PS. Joy of my day: Went to Salvation Army's second hand store. I found two beautiful brass copies of Kalevala brooches, made in Finland of course. Gunnar encouraged me to buy both of them. They remind me of some I bought in Ireland, only with a more intricate pattern.
I must read more about the ancient culture.
Yours Felisol

daisymarie said...

Been on that coaster! I'll be praying with you.

Jammie J. said...

(hugs)

~~Deby said...

Praying he is still improving
Deby

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

I really hate to hear this because I thought Leo was doing so much better. I will be praying for him!! thanks for keeping us updated on him...

Saija said...

hey guys ... thank you for your encouragement ... and cheer for my flagging spirits ... i SO APPRECIATE it!!! may the Lord bless you much ... as you continue to bless my heart!

Catherine said...

I'm sorry to hear Leo is having a difficult time again! I hope he continues to improve and that this whatever-it-is goes away for good in the very near future!

**Hugs** to you both!