Sunday, May 18, 2008

sunday greetings ...


I am not the brood of the dust and sod,
Nor a shuttled thread in the loom of fate;
But the child divine of the living God,
With eternity for my life's estate.
I am not a sport of a cosmic night,
Nor a thing of chance that has grown to man;
but a deathless soul on my upward flight,
And my Father's heir in His wondrous plan.
~ Alva Romanes.


This resurrection life you received from God is not a timid, grave-tending life. It's adventurously expectant, greeting God with a childlike "What's next, Papa?" God's Spirit touches our spirits and confirms who we really are. We know who he is, and we know who we are: Father and children. And we know we are going to get what's coming to us—an unbelievable inheritance! We go through exactly what Christ goes through. If we go through the hard times with him, then we're certainly going to go through the good times with him!
Romans 8: 16-17 ~ The Message

there is no ones child i would rather be - than God's!!! *huge smile* ...
may you be blessed!

4 comments:

Mimi said...

beautiful thoughts and I am so happy to be a child of God...and to have you for a Sister in Christ...
{{Hugs}}
Mimi

Jammie J. said...

glad you're out enjoying the lovely weather. :) me too. had a wonderful swim this morning. we went to legoland yesterday. i'm basking in God's blessings these days. (hugs)

Fred said...

It took me a long time to realize that I was God's child.

I hope you have a great week.

Pat said...

Nothing better then being God's child - and loveing all my brothers and sisters in Christ...like you!!