Friday, June 06, 2008

the week that was ...

yes, it's true ... when you "retire" ... or even semi-retire ... time seems to pick up speed! it must be something written into the law of nature ... *smile*
i meant to post these pics on monday ... when i had gone for a leisurely bike ride around town ... but here it is friday already and i'm just doing that now ... the beach is still quiet - no one swimming yet ... but that will all change soon, i'm sure ...
the town dock does get a bit more activity ... there is usually an older fellow, in his motorized wheel chair, fishing at the end of the pier ... and yes, that is my trusty old bike - my sister maria gave it to me when her health started to fail ... i've been putting it to good use in the past 3 years!
here is another place i like to stop ... it is usually all mine to enjoy ... other folks do use the parks in town, it just seems that we all have different schedules ... so it feels like a private sanctuary ... isn't that neat? ... !
and a picture of "moi" ... taken this morning before i headed out to a retirement party ... check out the new haircut ...

i will have to take my camera out for another ride soon ... we got quite a bit of rain today, so the fruit trees should be in full bloom and our whole little town will have turned lush and green ... YAY! i love when that happens ... *huge grin* ...

blessings on your weekend!


Why not learn to enjoy the little things - there are so many of them.
~Author Unknown

13 comments:

Deborah said...

It looks beautiful there! We've had rain all day, and yes it's turning everything green, but I sure wanted to get some grass seed in before the rain came...you're right about time going by fast. My husband finally decided to take some time off...just in time to watch the rain...oh well...he got a day of rest in!
Have a nice weekend.

Ginger said...

Great haircut, Saija.

Looks like you had a lovely jaunt. I'm so happy when this season comes!

Maggie Ann said...

Your new hairstyle is very flattering to your face..you are Very pretty. smile. Loved going along for the ride too. =)

Anonymous said...

I can just imagine you having a pleasant ride around town on your nice *ladies'* bike. I've only ever had one bike and it had the bar across. Do men even like that bar there?

Anyway, your park and beach are lovely and your new hairstyle is very becoming. (Hey, I finally have longer hair than you have! ;o) I've had several cuts to get rid of the dyed part and now I can just let it grow.)

daisymarie said...

I love the hilliness of my town, until it comes to riding. Looking forward to the next round of picks. The beauty of your pictures really touches my heart.

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Well it looks like that you live in a beautiful part of our small world. I love seeing where my friends live. Your hair cut looks good on you..So much shorter i think. Hope your weekend is GRAND!!!

Sandy

Mimi said...

what a wonderful scenic landscape for a bike ride...lucky lucky you...I would love to visit Canada some day!
and I just love your hair cut...it looks very chic..

Mari said...

What beautiful pictures - it looks like the perfect place for a bike ride! You look really nice too - that really is a good haircut!

Felisol said...

Dear Saija,
I like the way you enjoy the little things.
They are only small, you know, when you are free to select whether to use them or not.
I never forget this old woman with MS who I nursed in my youth.
She called for me to bring her a simple glass of cold water.
"I would have given years of my life to be able to cross the room and fetch the water myself ," she said.
I've never forgotten that, and take nothing for granted, but as a gift.
Love to both of you
from Felisol

Susan said...

I always thought, when you retire you'll just have all this free time. Not so!!! Seems like it goes faster and is more filled than ever.
Susan

Cathy said...

Loved your pretty pictures~
And your new haircut is cute, stylish looking.
I'm glad all is turning green there. Things are already getting parched and eaten with things here! My little garden looked better in the earlier spring. We are having record heat here- 96 degrees. Hot! Have to stay inside ~

Pat said...

What peaceful, beautiful pictures. I can just imagine you riding you bike with your sassy new hairdo...you look so young and cute!
Guess what? I went to Ikea and bought some lingonberry preserves...I love it!

Mrs. Mac said...

Enjoy your sunshine and nice weather. The Lord can bless us during each season, but surely after such a long winter the sunshine is so much more appreciated, eh? Nice new hairstyle ... must feel freeing during your sprints around town ... no more tangles ;) We still have rain ... but should turn nice by Friday (hoping,praying, even crossing my fingers)