Wednesday, December 31, 2008

just a thought for the new year ...

"... God's grace is not only sufficient - it is inexhaustible. Remember the story Roy Gustafson told of the little fish who said, "I am so thirsty but I must not drink too much . The ocean might run dry." Or the little mouse in the granaries of Egypt who said, "I am so hungry. But I must not eat too much. The grain might not last." Or the little swallow, soaring and dipping through the sky, thinking, "I must not breathe too deeply; I might use up all the air."

Whatever the need, whatever the situation, "he giveth more grace"

(James 4:6). ..."

taken from Legacy of a Pack Rat by Ruth Bell Graham ...


to you my dear blog buds ... i wish a new year that is so full of God's grace - for every and all situations - that your cup will continually run over ... so you may glorify HIM, who redeemed us ... that the world will know we are different and children of the Most High ...

15 comments:

grammy said...

Thanksfor the great thoughts to start the new year with. Thank you sweet Lord for Grace. My oldest Granddaughters middle name is Grace and I am also thankful for her (o:

Mari said...

Those are wonderful thoughts and a great blessing you left. Happy New year to you!

Unknown said...

What true and wise thoughts you have blessed us with. Praying for your New Year to be the best ever!!!

Cathy said...

Sweet thoughts and wishes, Saija ~ sounds like us worrying all the time. Wishing you and Leo a Blessed and Happy New Year ~

Sita said...

Thank you for that blessing which I return to you one hundred-fold. With gratitude to God for introducing us..for I see His heart in you..
Love, Sita

Susan said...

Happy New Year to you and your hubby.
Susan

Felisol said...

Dear Saija,
thanks for the warming and reassuring words.
Happy New Year to Leo and you from Us across the sea.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you and Leo!

(Was the musk mallow in the picture growing at your place in the summer? It is one of my favourite flowers, specifically the white one with the pink centre, as in your picture. I was playing around with using one of my mallow pics as a header just a few hours ago, in fact.)

Pat said...

Happy New Year my friend, my the coming year bring blessing, and peace!

Mrs. Mac said...

May you be warmer in the months ahead :) ... Happy New Year to you and Leo. Keep those inspirational posts flowing please!

Let Love Grow said...

THANK YOU! I receive it! Grace, Grace...God's Grace; grace that is GREATER than all my sin....May YOU know this more and more!

Debbie Petras said...

I love that! "God's grace is not only sufficient, it is inexhaustable." Such kind wishes for your blogging friends. I wish you also a happy new year and yes, may we glorify Him in every and all situations.

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Hello my friend..thanks for the beautiful words..How are you both doing? We are better now that we are both back home..Mike has had a nasty cold which I had right before him...It is an awful thing..hard to get rid of. i think he is a lot better today though..Thank goodness..Take care and have a wonderful 2009

Maggie Ann said...

A beautiful post! So comforting because its true.

Amrita said...

Amen Saija.

God 's supply will never run dry