Saturday, July 25, 2009

The Incredible Patience of God


we just finished reading this book ... and it's another that i highly recommend ... lane adams does a great job of answering the question of "why am i still struggling with lack of growth in my faith? ... "

the book jacket says:

"Many believers become discouraged with the long process of growth in their walk with Christ. In fact, Lane Adams believes it is "the rare spiritual prodigy" who moves rapidly to spiritual maturity. In this refreshing and helpful book, he offers encouragement, candid humor and practical insight for those who are struggling in their Christian life.

In many ways, some Christians today are indistinguishable from the culture around them. They deny moral absolutes of right and wrong, and affirm situational ethics. Their God is one-sided - all blessing and no judgment. In this book, Lane Adams urges Christians to seek a balance between asking for forgiveness and being accountable."

5 comments:

Mari said...

Sounds like an excellent book. I'lll have to keep an eye out for it.

Susan said...

I love a good book. Glad you have enjoyed this one. It sounds good and right on.
Susan

Mrs. Mac said...

It's always nice to have a good recommendation for a book. I enjoyed checking out your posts since my last visit. Your mom looks great! And to see you and Leo standing together was a nice treat. Enjoy the remaining day of summer.

Hugs from the North Woods (south of you ;)

Felisol said...

Dear Saija,
I'm not familiar with the book or the author.
I found the book jacket interesting though;"

In many ways, some Christians today are indistinguishable from the culture around them. They deny moral absolutes of right and wrong, and affirm situational ethics. Their God is one-sided - all blessing and no judgment."

Isn't it weird how we manage to create God Almighty to fit in our small picture of the world, not to speak of the eternity, we cannot possibly begin to understand?
I always find it depressing, when people of "my God is so and so."
Jahve, I am who I am, is greater, mightier and holier than we can possibly define.
Indeed, we are looking in a glass darkly.
I praise the Lord for being willing to care about me,- to this amazing extent.
From Felisol

Pat said...

That last paragraph says a mouth full. I've been thinking a lot today about ministries that only preach blessing and not judgement. In doing so, all accountablility is lost.
I think I will look for this book, it sounds very good.
Keep walking in His sunshine...it is so good for the soul!