Sunday, August 22, 2010

chitchat ....

it is a quiet sunday morning, here in our town ... and also, here at condo central! it seems that i don't get an opportunity to concentrate on posts these days, partly because this open living concept takes away from my solitude and time for writing ... but this morning - my sweetie is still snoozing - so i'm a tap tapping away!  *smile*



what a warm summer it has been!  i am thankful for the swims i've had ... above is the proof - my wet footprints on the dock ... i don't like to swim alone, and all my swim buds have been growing up!  they don't have time to have a sauna and swim in the summer ... sometimes i feel like the only "kid" left!!!  then someone will surprise me with a phone call, saying "we're out here, come over and swim with us!"  ... that makes my day ... *smile*

we celebrated our 36th wedding anniversary last week ... i picked up some chinese food for us and we enjoyed a quiet time at home ... leo wasn't feeling that great (because the humidity was high) but he didn't complain and we thanked the Lord for our many many blessings! ... would you believe that the balloon in the picture was an anniversary gift from maria - some 19 years ago!!!!  it has kept it's shape and we take it out on our anniversary every year ... this year we just thought of her - enjoying heaven's sweetness and waiting for the rest of us to get there too!
a milestone - my sweet mom has just turned 75!!!!  this pic was taken at the end of June ... doesn't she look great for that age???  or any age ... *smile* ... she lives up north now ... about an 8 hour drive from our place ... i know our visits will be few and far between - but i am glad we are able to chat daily through e-mail or on the phone ... makes the distance seem shorter ...

just some moments from my life this past while ... i think all of the family have been dealing with maria's death in different ways ... i've just been quieter - reflecting on life and my own mortality ... thankful that Jesus is my Saviour and Lord ... that He gives me that assurance of a home in heaven ... and with the apostle paul i can say "O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?  The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law. ... But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ."  (1 Cor. 15: 55,57) ... YAY for a risen Lord -  one day, we too will rise with Him!


13 comments:

Felisol said...

DearSaija,
That first picture really got to me.
I'd love to be there and swim with you.
Serina and I drove over to the island several evenings to have an afternoon swim. That is, sundown swim, It's sinking in the sea about 9 ish now. The blond nights are gone. Darkness at 10.
I so understand that you miss your baths and saunas, being a Finnish girl.
Leo must miss even more. He is patient beyond understanding.
I'm praying for the both of you.
The balloon was so touching.

I often wonder if they can see us. Maria sure would be happy to see her gift being that much appreciated.

Mari said...

I love the first pic of the dock. It just yells summer! Glad you are all getting along in your own way, but of course missing Satu.
I love the picture of your Mom. She looks great - not at all like she should be 75!

Susan said...

As always Sajah, sweet, meanful post.

Debra said...

Oh, I'm so glad to see you back, Saija! We had to move our computer into our living room recently and it's not my favorite set-up, either. But there's one thing I do which helps--I plug-in our headphones into the computer and then while Tom watches tv (or plays something on his own laptop), I listen to music while I write. I love to listen to the music at Kim's Daisy Cottage blog-- we have the exact same taste in music! :)Love it all.

Just a thought.... and again, welcome back! I love it when you're here, even if you just check-in with a couple sentences of what's new over your way. Hugs, Debra

Unknown said...

I love docks on the lake. I have been missing the lake terribly the past few weeks. I loved your photo.
Your mom does look great. You are blessed that she does email. I sure wish my mom would try it!

Cathy said...

It's so great to hear from you, my sweet friend. Happy Anniversary! That balloon is awesome. I'm glad you are enjoying the warm weather. Yes, you and your Mom look great. Love you ~

Mrs. Mac said...

I 'stopped' over here earlier today ... and honestly thought that the first picture was of snow footprints ;) ... so glad I came back to read your post ... boy, I'd give anything for a quiet swim and a sauna with you. Nathan has been wearing me thin and I could use a break. We've had a lot of company this summer .. so I'm really looking forward to when school is back in swing .. and solitude can once again be found.

Your mother is so beautiful! A very youngish 75!

Blessings to you and Leo.

Tim said...

Thinking of you and Leo.

Crown of Beauty said...

Love reading your posts always, Saija, so simple and yet so full of depth and life. I am soooo glad to have met you on blog land.

Happy Anniversary to you and Leo...

And as I read your other posts, I was so happy to see a dear blog friend , dear Terry and her hubby Bernie and of course the little red car who is very much a part of their family!

One month already since Maria's homegoing! But guess what, she's not marking time the way we do! Isn't that amazing?

Have a great week ahead of you...

Love
Lidj

Jammie J. said...

If I were near, I would swim with you! Probably not the sauna part, but swimming -- oh yes! :)

Congratulations to you and Leo for you wedding anniversary. :)

auntibeck said...

What a beautiful post...thinking of you...

Amrita said...

Happy belted anniversary. That ballon looks so sweet you have preserved it well, a beautiful memory of Maria.

You must miss her so much.

Mother looks so sweet,lovely smiles shine on both of you

Catherine said...

Happy birthday to your mom! She looks fabulous! Mine turned 70 in July and we had a lovely little surprise party for her. Milestone birthdays are fun. I will hit the big 4-0 this year myself -- yikes!