Thursday, September 29, 2011

fall colours

the fall colours in our area are muted ones ... no splashy reds or deep orange  ... but still, they are lovely to look at -  they appear for only a brief moment ... so on wednesday a friend and i took a drive to check them out ...
 this was a road we had travelled as kids ... on the way to the cottage ... it relaxes me just to look at it!

 we found a lone daisy, who was smiling at the world - not caring that winter was coming ... it just gloried in the day!

 taken from the car window ... a peek-a-boo view of what was waiting us ...

 we even stopped at an old friends place and visited a spell ...

what a beautiful day it was ... it cheered my heart, and was just what i needed ... fall is a rough time for chronic pain sufferers, and sometimes the only thing i can do for leo (not counting prayer - which  is a constant) is to let him be by himself ... and let God restore my own heart and renew a right spirit within me ... the day was definitely a gift from God ...

blessings on you!


8 comments:

jel said...

glad to hear ya had a wonderful day! :)

love the shots ya took. the first one looks like one of our dirtroads here.

and I love the view of your friends place!

huggs

Mari said...

Glad you had a special day! Restore and renew - something we all need from time to time.

Maggie Ann said...

I'm glad you had such a treasure of a day. I enjoyed the pictures and that lone daisy, rejoicing in the day. How fitting and what an example for us. I'm sorry about the chronic pain your Leo suffers with. My R has a lot of pain...its hurts the heart when there is nothing a wife can do to help I'm finding out.

We are finally getting cooler weather! I'm glad. Every summer, the heat eventually wins out. Ah well, it was golden even if the heat was killer. I'm sipping a little cup of mint tea with a bit of soy milk in it. Soothing. Soon it will be time to get out the electric blanket again. That sounds strange to me even typing the words! =)

the⋆silver⋆of⋆His⋆fining said...

Glad you could get away. A change of scenery can be so restful. It is difficult to not be able to 'do' anything, but praying is so glorifying to God. Still does hurt when a loved one hurts. Lovely pictures. I picked up my new glasses today so am enjoying seeing things in 20/20 :)

Debra said...

Oh, such lovely pictures! I do thank you for sharing and wow, love those windows and their view, as well. So glad you had such a wonderful day! Blessings, Debra

Deborah said...

Isn't fall a beautiful time in Manitoba?! I can't believe how quickly the leaves have changed color...too bad they don't hang on a bit longer. Have to enjoy them while we can. Have a great week!

Amrita said...

Stunning beauty

Crown of Beauty said...

These are all awesome pics!
Thank you for taking time to share...

Love
Lidia