Tuesday, May 16, 2006

i just want to help ...

... *smile* ...

i re-read my past few posts and my desire to "help" [translated into hurry up, hasten!!!] the Lord find us a place to buy comes through loud and clear ... yet, His desire for me to rest in Him ... stay put ... seems to be the message for the moment ...

last night our landlord cut the grass again ... he pulled in with 2 mowers - his and hers - and the job was done in a little over an hour ... afterwards, leo asked me why we were in a hurry to move from here? ... except for the stale smoke smell, things are fine and even the grass is cut for us! ... so we should take our time ...

i agree in principle ... but i will still keep "seeking and knocking and asking" ...

do i trust God to find the best place for us? Absolutely!

does "rest" mean a minimal real estate search? well that part i'm iffy on ... i don't think rest means go to sleep ... there must be some effort on my part, right?

however, i won't worry about it ... as He's led me in the past, He will also lead in the future ... of that i am sure ...

"if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow, won't he more surely care for you? You have so little faith!" ... "Your heavenly Father already knows all your needs, and he will give you all you need from day to day if you live for Him and make the Kingdom of God your primary concern." Jesus in Matthew 6:30, 31b

13 comments:

Unknown said...

i understand. you want to be settled. but sometimes you just gotta enjoy the journey.

Saija said...

mrsd ... i had a great walk today ... just loving the blue sky, the way the leaves were using it to showcase their colours ... and i hope i have finally RESTED ... :o)

Maggie Ann said...

Lifting up a prayer with you. Its hard to wait, even though His mercies are tender toward us. I'm thinking of the last verse in Psalm 27...in the process of waiting we get courage and strengthened by God. Oh I'm impatient often though. I'm ready for all the remodeling of the garage to be done last week...=). Hope you have a good start to the new week, I'm thinking of you tonight, with a prayer. *hugs*

Saija said...

maggie ann ... prayer and *hugs* received ... *grin* thank you!

Saija said...

sharon ... i loved the picture ... i remember holding yarn like that for my mother, it made me feel like i was helping ... just like the Lord giving me little tasks to "help" with ... :o) ... blessings to you!

Jammie J. said...

my personal belief is if the desire is there, the Lord means for you to have your own place. He's just coordinating the timeline of it all.

whoever's in your house now maybe needs the extra time. *shrug* besides, owning IS more beneficial, isn't it? and the Lord does want us to be good stewards. :)

daisymarie said...

I've always thought that resting is about leaning hard and staying open. I think leaning means you may scan the availabilities but trust and not worry.

Easier to offer than to do!

Saija said...

jeanette ... it makes me smile to think of God coordinating timelines for me ... i like that thought!

tina ... yes, i'm "working it" but not "worrying it"! ... :o) i think that's what rest means too ...

Debra said...

Hi Saija... I think that the 'Bible rest' means to stay calm/peaceful/tranquil on the inside no matter what is going on on the outside. Resting while we are doing/working... resting in our minds and hearts during the times the unsaved world would have been stressed-out and worried... Resting on the inside is a sign to God that we really, truly trust Him--it's something much deeper than just *saying* we trust Him. Instead, it is showing Him.

At least, that's what I think. :)

Probably as soon as you dearly love and appreciate your current rental home, then God will poof! show you your next home, the desire of your heart. He's funny that way. :)

Blessings to you (and thanks for your sweet comments at my blog!) ... Debra

Saija said...

debra ... yes, that's my idea of resting too ... i think it's meaning can slightly vary with cirumstanes, but i agree that a person can't rest and worry at the same time! :o) ... and i do love our rental place, but i don't think i can ever love the smell ... some mornings the bathroom smells like a bar without the boozey odor - just stale cigarettes ... but the yard, the lay-out, and the location are wonderful ... i'm thinking God gave me a little thorn in the side so that i don't get too comfy here! blessings to you too!!

Captainwow said...

Easy for me to say, being way over here. But everything is as it should be. For today, at least. Sounds like you've got a great place for the meantime! yay!
I don't know about there, but here finding a house is something that takes a great deal of patience, and it sounds like you're being pretty patient indeed!

Maggie Ann said...

Good Morning Saija! Hope your week has been going well. I'm taking your advice and resting up.I've been very lazy the last 2 days.I've a bad sore throat and am hoping to squeek by without getting sick. I'm keeping close to the teapot...smile. How is your hubby's health doing (and yours)?

Saija said...

cptnwow ... finding what we really want is difficult, but if we can patiently be praying - it should turn up when the time is right!!!

maggie ann ... voi voi, i hope you rest away the sore throat! ... we are in the midst of a bit of rain, so leo feels abit worse for wear, but his spirits seem good! i'm back to the salt mines for the weekend shift, which i enjoy ... blessings to you!