Sunday, April 20, 2008

change of seasons

yesterday was my last work day at the library ... i now have 6 months off ... i job share with a lady who spends her winters in mexico ... and since she has had lovely weather for 6 months, she doesn't mind working through the manitoba summers ... i am really excited at the thought of having the summer off ... last year i had some of it off - that just wetted my whistle for more ...

i did take my bike out of the garage last week ... it was good to go for a spin around my little town ... the weather even cooperated ...

as i type this, the ice on the river is "rotten" ... there are patches of open water showing up ... one good rain should take care it ... i am looking forward to seeing waves again ... i'm looking forward to so many of the spring/summer events ... it is all exciting and makes me giddy happy ...

YAY for spring ... YAY for summer ... the Lord paints our world with 4 distinct seasons ... spring & summer are my definite favourites!


If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant; if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome. ~Anne Bradstreet

8 comments:

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

IF you took that picture that you posted here today you should re-post it for this Saturdays Photo Hunt. The word for this Saturday is Unique/funny signs!! That would be perfect.
Yes, i love spring also. Here in Georgia we do not have bad winters which is fine with me. My flowers are coming up and doing well so far. When that REALLY hot heat comes well they do not look as good as right now. Blessings, Sandy

Felisol said...

Dear Saija,
still ice on the river?
You really have a true arctic climate.
I don't think I could have managed more ice now. In my hometown there's still snow in the mountains though.
Blue sky, white mountain peaks and green meadows, that's perfect spring to me.
We have had sunny weather for eight days in a row. That must be record, at least for this year.
Working half the year seems perfectly reasonable to me.
In Norway there's this saying, "one should be a bear in the winter and teacher in the summer."
Librerian is not bad either.
My best to Leo.
From Felisol

daisymarie said...

Ok. I'm trying hard not to be jealous. Oh, the dream of being able to not work for 6 months. It's fun to dream about.

Catherine said...

Congratulations on beginning your six months off and on finally having some nice weather to enjoy! It's already getting hotter here than I like it, and we haven't even begun to see the real heat of summer yet. I'm already biding my time until autumn!

Mari said...

What a great way to job share! I'm happy for yo and I'm sure you'll enjoy your summer!

Cathy said...

It's wonderful you have 6 months off. I know Leo is very happy and that you will enjoy your time at home. :)

Pat said...

What a perfect job the Lord provided - who could ask for more then to have the summer off!
We who live in an area that experiences all for season really appreciate the beginning of the new season...and in the case of winter, the ending of others!

Maggie Ann said...

I love to be 'giddy-happy' too. Along with my disease of 'wonderful-itus' its a winning combo! Your spring & summer sound heavenly. =)