Sunday, April 13, 2008

odd 'n ends pics ....

would you believe we had to get our big ole air canada 777 de-iced before we left toronto! no kidding!! the weather really was stormy on the way to finland ...
while staying with my aunt and uncle, i ate home made oatmeal porridge every morning, with perserved or frozen berries they had picked themselves, on top ... those were the BEST breakfasts i've ever had ...

the day before we left finland - we did a little shopping ... and look at what i spied in a bakery window ... dolls with cake dresses ... just like the one i had for my 6th birthday all those years ago here in canada ...

on the way home, they labelled my luggage (filled with lots of chocolate bars) as heavy ... that made me chuckle to myself!

in toronto, i got to do a little shopping at ikea ... sure wish that winnipeg had one of those stores ... this pic was taken from the ikea restaurant - a bit rainy, wouldn't you say?

10 comments:

Mari said...

It sure does look dreary. Your luggage tag gives me a laugh too.
I remember my Mom making a doll cake for my sisters birthday, quite a few years ago!

Catherine said...

That porridge looks incredible! Yum!

Mimi said...

love your pictures from your trip..rain and all...
the oatmeal porridge looks yummy with the fruit in it...
that was some solid chocolate weighing down your suitcase!! LOL

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

I keep hearing about this store IKEA and have never been even close to one!! Hm!! Maybe that is for the best!! You had some pretty dreary weather.

Glad you are home

Sandy

Pat said...

What great pictures. I do believe that a tag that says "heavy" is a small price to pay for carrying good chocolate!
A new Ikea store was recently built in my area, I haven't been yet, which is probably a good thing. Till you get one near you, there's always on line shopping!

~~Deby said...

I too love Ikea...it is about 40 minutes from my house...

That is so funny about your bag being filled with chocolate...but of course.

The breakfast porridge...looks as good as you say it tastes...yummm!

Deby

Jammie J. said...

a rainy day and yet look at that parking lot -- totally full!

i'm so glad the doctor is willing to take leo on as a patient, that is really good news and that he goes to the local clinic to boot.

loving the pictures. :)

Cindy Swanson said...

Love the pictures, Saija...and yes, I'm an oatmeal fan too, and the thought of it with fresh berries is wonderful...

Saija said...

there were so many little things to take pictures of - just so that i would remember the moment ... but i didn't want to be too snap happy! (i already took so many pictures, that i'm sure my family was blinded by the light!) ...

memories ... they are a treasure, aren't they? :o)

Maggie Ann said...

I love Ikea....how fun. I've really enjoyed the pictures just now, and when I clicked to enlarge the bakery window one I loved seeing your image most clearly in the reflection! Bakery windows are so enticing aren't they.