Saturday, December 11, 2004

Christmas postcards

Christmas cards Posted by Hello


i'll let you in on a little secret regarding Christmas postcards (and i'm really not a skinflint when it comes to sending postcards . . . honest!) . . . once the season is done, i look through the cards that we received and i save the ones that can be recycled and used as Christmas postcards . . . then a few years later (when i have enough), i cut them nicely, draw postcard type of lines in the back and resend them to friends/family . . . i can't bear to throw away pretty pictures, so this is my way of recycling them . . . i've done this maybe 4 times in my lifetime . . . not all cards are made of heavy stock, the type to withstand the arduous journey through the mail system . . . so only the best will do . . .

i'm not even a very artsy crafty person . . . this is just one of my quirks that i thought i would share ... :o)

blessings on your sunday . . .

4 comments:

Jammie J. said...

Cute little kitty at the feet of the piano stool. Plinkety-plink-plink!

Saija said...

yes, as you can see . . . the chubby cat theme is going through my head . . . sniffle . . .

Anonymous said...

I love your idea. I hate throwing out the Christmas cards I receive. They stay in a box for a year and then when I do my cards the next year, I re-read them and sadly throw them away.

I love your site, keep on blogging.

Char ["A Kindred Spirit/Christian"]

Saija said...

thank you Char . . . i was just feeling a wee bit of the Christmas blahs, and the Lord used you to encourage me . . . blessings on our day!!! saija