Thursday, December 09, 2004

i'm satisfied with . . .

i'm satisfied with ... just a cottage below Posted by Hello



Mansion Over the Hilltop

I’m satisfied with, just a cottage below,
a little silver and a little gold;
but in that city where the ransomed will shine,
I want a gold one that’s all silver lined . . .

CHORUS:
I’ve got a mansion, just over the hilltop,
in that bright land where we’ll never grow old;
- and some day yonder we will never more wander,
but walk the streets that are purest gold . . . . .

Tho often tempted, tormented and tested
And, like the prophet, my pillow a stone,
. . . And tho I find here no permanent dwelling,
I know He’ll give me a mansion my own . . .

CHORUS

Don’t think me poor or deserted or lonely,
I’m not discouraged . . . I’m heaven bound;
I’m just a pilgrim in search of a city,
I want a mansion, a harp and a crown
. .
.

by Ira Stanphill

* * * * * * * *

i hum this song to myself often . . . especially the part about "i’m satisfied with, just a cottage below". . . since that is exactly what we have and i don’t long for mansions down here on earth ...

Leo teases me about my choice of hymns . . . and often asks why my reach couldn’t be just a bit higher than "just a cottage below". . .

but in the end, my reach is MUCH much higher, one day i WILL have a "Mansion my own" . . . where Jesus dwells (which is the BEST part) and HE is even now preparing a place for us ...

awwww, blessed assurance . . .

2 comments:

Jammie J. said...

Thanks, Saija .. this was inspiring. :)

Saija said...

thanx jeanette . . . those old hymns are wonderful, aren't they? making melody in our hearts is the best thing (maybe even as good as getting to sing in a billy graham choir or with bev shea????? you lucky ducky, you!)