Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Waiting

Posted by Hello


i'll let you in on a secret ...
i'm waiting for something ...
something big ...
my birthday ...
it's this Friday ...
:o)

i'm a low maintenance kind of gal when it comes to gifts and such ... but i do get excited about cards, e-mail and phone calls from family and friends ...

i made a special trip to town today, just to see if i had any mail ... the old fashioned snail mail ... you can imagine (well maybe you can't, but try anyway) my DELIGHT to see the post office box full of cards and postcards (the postcards go into my collection) .... it made me smile ... a few of the cards had such sweet sentiment that they made me cry ... the good kind of crying that us women like to do on occasion ...

i don't know why i get excited at this "grown up" age to get cards and celebrate birthdays ... i think i have a lot of little kid still inside of me ...

i did order myself a birthday present (per Leo's instruction!) ... a 17" flat screen monitor ... that should be in tomorrow ...

so i'll just be waiting some more ... but the good kind of waiting ... thank you Lord!

No comments: