Tuesday, March 08, 2005

in my car

Image hosted by TinyPic.com


have you ever heard Shania Twain's song "In my car" ?

i thought of that song today as i drove the prairie highways toward the big city ... "in my car, i'll be the driver ... in my car, i'm in control" ... for me, there is nothing more relaxing than taking a road trip ... i listen to talk radio ... or pump up the volume on my latest inspirational CD and sing-a-long ... i chat with the Lord ... i clear my thoughts and delight in driving my car ...

i think it is the "control thing"... when there is so much in a person's life that is "out of their control" ... like Leo's pain ... then to be able to cruise along and guide my car WHERE i want it to go ... well that kinda feels good ...

ALSO, a break is needed from the everyday routine of being there for my husband ... even if it is just a day in the city ... it DOES make a world of difference ...

thank you to my blogging buddies, for praying for us ... i just have to remember to humble myself and ask for prayer more often!! i do get a little proud, not wanting to share the down times ... i only want to make you smile and encourage you ... i guess i need that same encouragement too ...

my roadtrip was relaxing ... and leo had a better day healthwise ... so we will "continue in prayer, being vigilant in it with thanksgiving" ... Colossians 4:2

No comments: