Wednesday, June 01, 2005

He knows ...

eye hath not seen Posted by Hello



But as it is written:
"Eye has not seen, nor ear heard,
Nor have entered into the heart of man
The things which God has prepared for those who love Him." "
1 Corinthians 2:9


i had my first outdoor sauna today ... at my aunt and uncle's place ... sweating in a sauna helps me to rest, reflect and pray ... it is calming to sit on those cedar benches and watch the steam rise, as i throw water on the hot stones ...

as i was praying, just telling the Lord why exactly certain things troubled my heart ... explaining to Him why i felt a certain way - trying to get Him to see my point of view and my solutions to the problem ... i all of a sudden stopped in mid sentence (or mid thought/prayer!) ... in my mind i heard the words "I know saija, I know" ...

and the simple realization struck me ... of course He knows ... He made me, cares about me and wants the best for me ... i want to do His will ... He wants the same ... i don't have to worry about the solutions to my problems - the Lord has all of that taken care of ... the fretting ceased and my heart got in harmony with the Spirit within me ...

i chuckled to myself ... threw more water on the stones, and felt reassured of God's love towards me ...

No comments: