Saturday, August 20, 2005

10 years ago ... a meme

Image hosted by TinyPic.com

i was tagged by blogging bud Gayla ... i had been reading these little tidbits in blogdom, and was going to "get tuit", so thanx for the push Gayla ... *smile*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

10 years ago ... we had a house full of company from Finland ... we were working on staining the cottage ... and i was finishing off my summer season of work in the park ... leo fished whenever he could ...

5 years ago ... we had company from Arizona ... my Arizona bud and i drove to thunder bay to tour and visit, which included coffee at my dad's place (he died a year later) ... finished another season in the park ... leo fished when he felt up to it ...

1 year ago we had company from Finland ... i'm still working in the park ... and leo and i are looking at our list of household "to do's" - which seems extremely long ... leo only goes out fishing on "perfect" weather days ... i discover blogs and think about jumping in with one of my own ...

Yesterday i chauffeured my aunt and uncle into the city, to save my uncle the drive (he was diagnosed with CA this summer) ... coming home, i admired the way the yard looked and the staining we had accomplished ... prayed about God's direction for us ... checked houses on the internet ... checked in with blogging buds, who have come to mean so much to me ...

5 snacks i enjoy are... ice-cream, raisons, raison toast, apples, carrots.

5 songs i know all the words to... Annie's song, Silent Night, Away in a Manger, i got you babe, Jesus loves me ...

5 things i would do with 100 million dollars... WOW, that is a whole chunk of change! ... philanthropy would be my most pleasurable hobby from that point on!

5 places i would run away to.... ancestral home in Finland, Australia, Tahiti, deserts of Arizona, somewhere totally foreign ...

5 things i would never wear... piercing anywhere on my bod, 4" heels (like i used to in my 20's, since i am short!), weird English type hats, no bikinis or thongs in public (and the public thanks me! and that counts for 2!)

5 favorite TV shows... Survivor, the Amazing Race, CSI, Entertainment Tonight, local news ...

5 bad habits... trying to "fix" all our problems, thinking that i have the solutions to problems, worrying that i have the wrong solution to problems, realizing i know nothing about the problem, worrying about the problem ...

5 biggest joys.... taking problems to the Lord! (since i already messed up the fixing part!), good friends and family that love me, the joy of learning new things, my blogging world, a home in heaven ...

5 favorite toys.... computer, digital camera, pvr receiver (i love that pause live action stuff!), scanner, cell phone ...


5 people I tag to do this ... why you, and you, you, of course you and hopefully you too ... let me know when you post it ... :o)

No comments: