Saturday, October 29, 2005

fall contemplation

Image hosted by TinyPic.com


i love the waterfront in our little town ... there is a town dock, a small beach with play structures, and benches to rest your weary bones on ... a place to contemplate, to pray, or to just watch the sunbeams skip across the water ...

i took this picture a few days ago ... as i strolled along the river walk ...

the leaves made a crunchy sound under my feet ... the poor trees stood there with all their covering spread along the pathway ... completely bare ... they had to let go of their foliage in order to grow stronger and taller come the spring ...

which makes me think about the inner "me" ... those times of seeing the ugly side of my character and actions - maybe those times occur so that God can strip me of all pretense ... to ready my heart for the next growth spurt in Christ ...

there is never a springtime without a fall and winter ...

even in our hearts and lives ...