Saturday, March 04, 2006

bible meme

A Bible Meme

i've been tagged by
Linda ...

1. Who is your favorite Biblical personage, other than Jesus?

i have to say David ... he loved the Lord with all his heart - yet he was human and made grave errors in judgement ... and sinned big time ... despite all that, God kept on loving David, kept on forgiving David ... i think i've learned more about myself and my relationship with the Lord - by reading about David's life ...

2. What is your favorite book of the Old Testament?

Psalms ... it speaks to me when i am happy, when i am sad or depressed ... it seems to be the place i go first for whatever emotion may be rolling through my innerds ...

3. What is your least favorite book of the Old Testament?

Lamentations? *smile* ... i don't think that there is such a thing as "least favorite" for me ... maybe just "least read" !!


4. What is your favorite non-gospel book of the New Testament?

i love Paul's writing ... so i probably turn to one of his letters as different needs or questions arise ... in these days that we are living in, i think Revelations is the one i would most like to understand!

5. What is your life verse?

i have "seasons of life" verses ... i don't think i have ever had one verse to blanket my life ... some of the seasonal verses i've shared can be found in these posts:
abiding; treasures on earth; small faith but in big God ...

6. Tag five people who might want to play.

if you're reading this - please play along if you have the time ... and let me know - so i can read your bible meme thoughts ...

(p.s. did i mention how much i am enjoying my high speed ... *huge grin* ... )

Image hosting by TinyPic

13 comments:

daisymarie said...

1. Who is your favorite Biblical personage, other than Jesus? Peter.
2. What is your favorite book of the Old Testament? Psalms followed by Isaiah (I think)
3. What is your least favorite book of the Old Testament? Song of Solomon (just couldn’t get into it)
4. What is your favorite non-gospel book of the New Testament? Philippians (I want to write a devotional commentary on it)
5. What is your life verse? Tough one: either Psalm 139 or Matthew 11:28-30

Saija said...

tina ... hey thanks! cool to read!

Linda said...

Saija, I loved reading this! Thanks for playing along. I had a feeling you liked the Psalms, too. We just got through studying Revelations at church--it's definitely a WOW book! :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh, I do like your choices here...interesting that David and the Psalms are top of the list for you too! It definitely influenced my desire to name a boy David, way before I met hubby (David, the son of Jesse to as a matter of fact). SO it is our son's middle name, not wanting to call him the exact same name as Dad...and also our 2nd grandson's middle name. David means "beloved" too...great meaning.

Saija said...

linda ... :o) ... i would really love to sit and listen to someone who knows all Revelations well ... i go visit Hal Lindsey's site to see what he writes about and there are others too ... it is definitely a book for our times!

susie ...here we lament together!

elizabeth ... david was such an earthy guy, but his heart was always in the right place - desiring the Lord ... cool re the names of dad/son/grandson!

see-through faith said...

daisy marie's been reading my mail. those are MY life verses both of them are very dear to me.

good meme Saija
I love Nehemiah. A man of action and a man of prayer. He's my role model I think.

Saija said...

lorna ... that's the bible & bible folks - we can all relate to someone or see ourselves in their actions ... :o)

Maggie Ann said...

That was interesting to read...isn't it a miracle to be saved! I'm so glad I feel like Pollyanna.

Saija said...

maggie ann ... i'm so amazed that the Lord opened up my eyes too! and feel giddy glad about it!

Terri said...

What a great meme! I've never seen this one before. I found your blog through a comment you left on Lady of Blessings blog. It is wonderful to find other Christians through blogging. If I may answer the meme here:

1. Ruth - for her loyalty and obedience.
2. Proverbs
3. Numbers ( I did a devotional study on Lamentations once and thoroughly enjoyed it! I learned a lot.)
4. James - he is so practical.
5. Philippians 4:8

Thanks!

Saija said...

terri ... cool, thanks for sharing ... :o) ... and i was only joking re Lamentations, i do love ALL of the Word, but some of it i don't return to like Psalms, Proverbs, and the NT ... blessings on your day!

Terri said...

Hi, Saija-

I knew you were kidding about Lamentations ;)! It helps me to remember that God's Word - all of it - serves a purpose for us. There are so many layers to His Word - it's awesome the way we can find something new everytime we read it.

Saija said...

Terri ... :o) ... i have such a dry sense of humour that sometimes it doesn't come across as joking! didn't want to leave the wrong impression!