Saturday, December 01, 2012

remembering ...

 
i put some lights up the other day ... to keep the dark days at bay ... next task - some Christmas decorations ...

today marks 6 years since we got the keys to our condo ... the full story i shared 6 years ago on this post: http://saija.blogspot.ca/2006/11/imagine-only-one-more-sleep.html ... 

 we were so thankful for God's grace in providing this particular condo for us ... we are still daily thankful for it ... home is important - we've lived in teenie tiny attic type places - and larger, open airy ones too - it seems that each place was perfect for that particular time in our lives ...

one day - our heavenly home welcome us, our "forever home" that we long for ... in the meantime, we thank GOD for daily blessings on this little blue planet - and the GRACE found in JESUS ...

blessings on your 1st of december 2012!!!!

11 comments:

Susan said...

So true!!

Mari said...

I remember the story of your condo. It's been a blessing, for sure!
Yes - God gives us a home here, while preparing our heavenly home!

Cathy said...

So pretty ~ I remember how excited you were about your new condo. :) Can't believe it has been 6 years! Wishing you and Leo a Merry, Blessed Christmas. Hugs ~

Felisol said...

Dear Saija,
Your story of your condo is amazing. God sees our needs, I pray he soothes Leo's pains too.
There are so many things we don't understand, but the accurate answers to some of our prayers reminds us, that he's always there; also when we do not see him.

Maggie Ann said...

Your home looks cozy and cheerful. I haven't decorated at all yet. We spent much of the day at an auction and I am dragging now. Whoever would think sitting all day could zap a person into a zero. Not kidding...hope you have a restful Sunday. Its been warmer today and that is great. Monday we are going to finish up outside. Plant a few chry.s and put away some outdoor furniture. *hugs*

Diane said...

How I long for that heavenly home....my forever home! Blessings on your day, dear Saija!

Debra said...

Six years?!?!? Good gracious, I never would have guessed it had been that long. Seems more like maybe three. heh. Isn't it wonderful being in just the perfect place God picked out for you? That's how I feel about Hobbit Cottage and I love the contentment I feel here. Congrats on six years! (Though I still can't believe it's been that long, but I'll take your word for it!) :) Blessings, Debra

jel said...

hey friend!

huggs

Jada's Gigi said...

until our Forever Home....Happy December!

Pat said...

Some days I really long for my heavenly home, yesterday was one of those days. Till then, we do give thanks for all his blessings, and meeting our needs.
Sending hugs!

Deborah said...

Hi Saija, I went back and got caught up on your story. Wonderful how God works when we get out of the way!
Hope you're enjoying this lovely season!