Wednesday, November 02, 2005

postcard collection

Sheep, Dunquin Pier, Dingle, Co Kerry Posted by Picasa



did i happen to mention that i collect postcards? they have to be postcards which were mailed to me, or by me ... i have about 50 countries in my collection (well travelled friends, eh!) ... the above pic is my latest one, compliments of a globe hopping pal who spent some time in Ireland recently ...

i love to look through the collection ... it is almost like visiting with friends ... or even reading my own journal ...

sending postcards is also one of my pleasures ... when my dad died, i was touched to see that he had saved all the cards i had sent him ... what a treasured find that was, spanning many many years ... now when i look at those particular cards - i think of dad and how it pleased him to be thought of ...

just some mid-week trivia ...