Sunday, November 13, 2005

... sailing ....

Image hosted by TinyPic.com
picture by sonja, design by God

don't you love the way the water shimmers in this picture ... a lake of diamonds ... the tiny ripples are almost too bright ... the people in the boat are skimming along joyfully - perhaps unaware of the fantasy image they create ...

at times the believers life may look like a fantasy ...

an observer might think we have no cares, gliding through life with rosy tinted glasses on ...our sails full of imaginery wishes ... a pristeen blue sky with puffy clouds as a backdrop ...

they weren't there when the wind was howling, turning the water black with churning, angry waves ... they only saw the surface ... not
the quiet prayer, done in secret - with only God to hear the heart's cry ...

an outside observer might want the serenity a believer demonstrates ... yet doesn't want to search out God's word ... or read it daily, to catch His Spirit ... to keep the vessel going in the right direction ...

what may appear an easy ride - can be deceptive ... there is work behind the scenes ... God's work in a saved sinners' heart ...

one day i will land on heaven's shore - the fantasy image will blend into a heavenly reality ... and if some days are filled with diamond seas and clear sailing - why Thank God ... and if some days the waters churn - why, i'll still Thank God!

"I know the Lord is always with me.
I will not be shaken, for He is right beside me.
No wonder my heart is filled with joy.
and my mouth shouts His praises!
My body rests in hope. ...
You have shown me the way of life,
and you will give me wonderful joy in your presence."
Psalm 16: 8,9,11