Sunday, April 10, 2005

Peace amidst a storm

Image hosted by TinyPic.com


peace within is an awesome experience ... peace that is earned by listening to the Lord ... then obeying Him ... it’s the type i want on an every day basis ...

i posted about my down time yesterday ... tho’ my pride didn’t want to share it with you ... but i posted anyway ...

today the peace within my heart has affirmed that God is in control again ... even the scriptures we read this morning were in tune with my heart, as was our daily devotional, which echoed the same message ...

"What has the Lord been for you throughout your life? Your peace in a chaotic time? Your comforter amid loss? Your forgiver of a sinful choice? Your strength in a difficult task?" my RBC devotional asked ... my answer is a humble yes to all ...

"The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; My God, my rock, in whom i take refuge; ... I call upon the Lord ... and I am saved from my enemies ... " 2 Samuel 22

And from Elisabeth Elliot’s "God’s Guidance" we read this morning that:
"There is a cross that is meant for each individual. It is peculiar to him, something that no one else could take up for him even if he wanted to."

i cannot carry Leo’s pain and my own load at the same time ... i was not meant to carry Leo’s pain ... i was meant to pray for him, be his wife and to love him ... but the pain is still his cross to bear ...

of course - in my head - i knew that ... but now i am trying to live that truth ...

i think i may have to come back and read my own words again ... but at this moment as i tap tap away ... i have peace ...

and what is our life, but a moment by moment walk ... and trust ... in our Heavenly Father ... amen ...

No comments: