Tuesday, April 05, 2005

you never know what a day holds

my motto has always been "you never know what a day holds" ...

today started out great, with that pesky haloscan problem solved ... i assumed that my day would progress along just as nicely ... can anyone hear the buzzer going - eeuurrrr - wrong ... BUT, let me assure you, even tho’ i didn’t get the "why" of my wasted day ... i thanked the Lord anyway ...

here’s what happened ... i had resolved to get into town early, so that i could come home and do chores, etc ... i was on the road before 10 a.m. ... all of a sudden, i heard a bang bang sound from the rear of the vehicle (sounded like someone was in the trunk knocking!) ... the gauges didn't indicate a problem, but i stopped and walked around the car ... i didn't see anything ... so i thought maybe a rock was stuck under the wheel well and needed to get loose ... the noise stopped, only to start again once i had crossed the narrow bridge ... this time i saw the problem immediately, another
flat ...

i called GM roadside ... who sent a service guy to change my tire (15 minute wait, not bad) ... drove to Good Year to get it fixed ... bought a set of 4 tires (they should be in this week) ... talked to leo numerous times on the cell ... then came home to do a bit of outdoor stuff ... sigh ...

poor Leo is still recovering from the Friday night outing ... slow going there ... and of course, spring brings with it more pain for him ... i felt so badly for Leo, which can make me sad ... so my day wasn’t as productive or happy, as i had hoped ...

THEN just as i was going to get really whiney about it ... i read
David’s post ... it cheered and encouraged me to keep on ignoring these little problems that try to get me down ... to continue in my spirit of thankfulness to the Lord for the MANY blessings in my life ...

my blogging friends have become a major part of the blessings i thank God for ...

so ... you never know what a day holds, eh? how was your day?

No comments: