Thursday, December 29, 2005

do you want a blessing?

Image hosted by TinyPic.com



i read through the bible this year ... talk about a HUGE blessing! it truly made 2005 a good year, despite "sad stuff" that i chose not to blog about ... the word of God was there when i needed it ... many a morning i was amazed at how the scripture spoke to my heart's need for that particular day ...

i tried to read the bible around the same time (mornings worked for me) ... it is true that if you don't set a time - you won't take the time ... i also read a different translation from my normal KJV (i still love the KJV the best!) ... i wanted to see familiar passages with fresh eyes, and a different translation helped!

some passages were a chore to plow through, but when read with prayer - well there was always something there to glean!

that was blessing #1 of 2005 ...

blessing #2 was denying myself a "freedom" ... by practising some self-control and denial in a certain area of my life, i was surprised to discover that i felt freer ... i won't explain that one further, i'll just let you think on it ...

do you have any goals for 2006? if you haven't done it in a while, or if you have never done it ... i would truly recommend a read through of the bible ... no regrets on that, only blessings!


8 comments:

Maggie Ann said...

I appreciated your post...good for you, reading through the Bible in one year. That is a great accomplishment and a rewarding one at that. I didn't try to read through this year, I skipped around but I know just what you mean about the Word speaking to your heart in special ways. Well, its late, off to bed I go. blessings to you dear Saija and thank you for the encouragement to read through the Bible in 2006. What treasures lay in our grasp...the words of eternal life, so rich, so free.

Fred said...

No specific goals for 2006. I don't like to make reolutions. I just want to continue to keep my children on the right path, remember to hug The Missus as much as I can, and improve my teaching skills. I'll make corrections along the way to meet those three objectives.

Happy New Year, Saija.

Saija said...

maggie ann ... me too, i read different books of the bible, kind of what i want to ... but every 5th year or so, i read through using a guide ... now that i am done - i'm reading the Psalms again ... i know with the move, my mind will be more fuddled, so i will stick to Psalms/Proverbs and then always the words of Jesus in the gospels when i need encouragement the most! blessings to you!!!

fred ... well those "unspecific" goals sound pretty good to me! and i don't usually make resolutions either ... though i have an ongoing list of ways to work on making "me" a more Proverbs type of woman ... Happy New Year to you too, Fred!

jettybetty said...

YAY for you on the Bible reading!
I am praying about what God wants for me in the new year. I do love a fresh start!

Saija said...

JB ... a fresh start is a wonderful thing ... and uh, i think we should be getting some of that with the move! i would be shaking in my boots if we were doing it ALONE, with the Lord ... but YAY for God and His love for us! happy new year to you JB!

Maiju said...

May the Lord bless your year 2006. I'm empressed by your bible project. I've started it several times never finished. Maybe i should try a different version too. Good challenge. Maybe i grab to that! :)

Saija said...

maiju ... Happy New year to you too! blessings on your bible project ... i'm looking forward to seeing more lovely pics from your Finnish world in 2006!

Maiju said...

I hope I'll have time for the pics this year too. You are wellcome to experience my world in person too when you visit Finland next time!