Friday, December 02, 2005

peace ...

Image hosted by TinyPic.com


our house is all decorated for Christmas ... the fire is glowing ... it is cozy and warm ... leo is watching hockey (kinda through his eyelids tho!), our big ole cat is sleeping on the couch ... and me? well i'm thinking about the offer we accepted on our house today ...

yup ... we signed some papers ...

BUT there are some hoops to jump through first - if the purchasers finances and inspections all work out by december 13th ... our house well then be sold! their possession date is february 15th ...

we will have to get serious about looking for a place to move ... ? ... yikes ...

our prayer is "your WILL be done, Lord ... " ... as we step into the unknown ...

but for now, i will be learning lessons in "resting" in the Lord ... "leaning" on His promises ... and "praying without ceasing" ....

now you guys are up to date on what is happening ...

"Show me Your ways, O Lord; teach me Your paths. Lead me in Your truth and teach me, for You are the God of my salvation; on You I wait all the day." Psalm 25:4, 5

11 comments:

Pilot Mom said...

Wow! Lots to pray about! It's an exciting time though! I always found it to be so as we stepped out in faith! Take lots of pics since this will be your last Christmas in this home!

Fred said...

Congrats! The unknown is scary, but it's always lead to better things for me.

Maggie Ann said...

Congratulations Saija! I'll be keeping you in my prayers. Time can crawl sometimes and rush by at a giddy speed at other times. *hugs* to you my friend!

Saija said...

Claire ... it is an exciting time ... :o) ... though leo says he won't really believe it is sold until the 13th, when all the t's have been crossed ... i don't think i believe it myself - this is "home"... but the Lord has another temporary earthly home picked out for us - i'm sure!

fred ... i think we can say the same - i'm just not a person for thrills, chills, spills! i like comfy, safe, the known! *smile*

maggie ann ... your prayer is so appreciated ... and my Christmas cards still aren't done! maybe tomorrow afternoon i can start writing them out? maybe! time is definitely zooming by!!!

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

That is great about the house! What an exciting time...yet scary! I've been praying and will continue. God bless!

jettybetty said...

Sounds like you really might be moving!
I know God will provide every step along the way!

Saija said...

shelley ... "yet scary" ... you got it! but maybe a little exciting scary times are good for maturing hearts? do you think? :o)

JB ... 3 more hoops for the buyers to get done and then we'll know for sure ... the Lord is definitely here, directing our uncertain steps!

Rita said...

Saija, I'm happy that you have a buyer for your house. Do you and Leo have a special desire for where you would like to move to? I am praying for you. God is with you.

Saija said...

rita ... thank you for the prayer ... our desire is for a place right in town, with little or no work for leo ... so maybe a condo ... of course we are used to real quiet - so it will be an adjustment for us ... but God knows all things, doesn't He? blessings to you!

Peg said...

Wow! I am so excited that God is revealing His Plan for you! It is very cool! I will keep praying!

Saija said...

Peg ... i am so blessed to have praying blog buds!