Sunday, November 12, 2006

enjoyable week


it was another week of settling into the rental ... i thought i would share with you the way my computer area looked at the beginning of the week (cramped and makeshift), and the way it looks today (quite functional and grown-up!) ...

we were so sure that the condo we wanted was just around the corner ... unpacking seemed to be pointless ... so we left many things in boxes ...


i also wanted to put off buying a new computer desk until after the move ... but plans have a way of changing!

the above pic is how my world looked for the past 10 months ... it was doable, but ? ? ?

since winter is closing in fast, i wanted to spread out and be more comfortable in my computer world ... i wanted to live today - rather then wait for a future date! afterall, in this world - all we have is the present ...

this is how my computer area looks now ... *big grin* ...

the Lord gave us strength and wisdom as we assembled this "desk on wheels" ... every little piece of it! ... we had some Christmas carols playing in the background and worked together in such a spirit of friendship and love - it was the best cooperative effort we've experienced in our 30+ years of marriage! ...

physically, leo got quite bent over, and had to use his cane for a few days afterwards ... but the sweetness he displayed spiritually, while in obvious discomfort, was definitely a witness of God's grace and work in his life ... and a blessing to me!

How priceless is your unfailing love!
Both high and low among men
find refuge in the shadow of your wings.
They feast on the abundance of your house;
you give them drink from your river of delights.
For with you is the fountain of life;
in your light we see light.
Continue your love to those who know you ...

Psalm 36: 7-10

18 comments:

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

I agree that we need to live in the present even more lately. I have a friend that was fine the last time I saw her and now I return from our small trip to see my blogging friends and I find she has LUNG cancer...Man, live now and live for the time you have now...I love what you have done with the place...cool desk. Sandy

Saija said...

Sandy ... to live in the moment, is a gift that needs cultivating!

Terry said...

Hey Saija..Maybe you should come on over to Southern Ontario again and I could get you to straiten my computer room up.
Hmmm... on SECOND thought maybe you better not.
You just might get buried with the rest of the junk that I haven't been able to find in years!!....love Terry

jettybetty said...

That looks GREAT!!! I agree, some things you just need to do now!

Jammie J. said...

Ohhh! How wonderful. And it makes your time in front of the computer as comfortable as his time in his recliner, maybe? (hugs)

Saija said...

terry ... *laughing*, i think it's easier to straighten out someone elses world - no sentimental ties!!!

JB ... hey you *grin* ... yes, i'm loving my new set up ... there is room to grow! and the desk moves around so easily since it is on casters ... yay!

jeanette ... the way we have this set up, leo sees the screen better and loves to watch my picture screensaver throwing memories at him, every 5 seconds!

Anonymous said...

Sounds so nice and comfy...photos did not show up on my computer (but that may be due to some settings hubby has in place). Yep, we have to enjoy the small pleasures of life...glad it was a good time for you and Leo!
Blessings...

auntibeck said...

Wow! Next you'll be testing your marriage on wallpaper hanging (I don't recommend it, actually!)!! :)

Unknown said...

oooh that looks much better!!! enjoy your space!

Saija said...

elizabeth ... it looks so much better and i love having my scanner and printer in accessible areas! :o)

antbck ... *laughing* ... we did the wallpaper thing over a decade ago - man alive, we were pretty well rolling on the floor, wallpapering each other ... we decided, for the sake of our marriage of course - no more wallpapering!!!!

mrsd ... it does look better ... much neater ... and i sure hope it'll fit into whatever place we move into! yikes?????!

jel said...

Hi Saija,
Thanks for stopping by,
it was a airish in the winter! :)


I stopped here last nite , but didn't have time to comment!

I liked what you said about living in the moment, how true that is !

May God Bless you and your husband

Saija said...

jel ... :o) ... the neat thing about blogging is - we get to remind ourselves of truths we don't want to forget! blessings!

Rita said...

Oh Dear! You'd be appalled at how messy my computer area is, and I have a big huge ol" desk.

Anonymous said...

Love that way your computer area looks now! Good Job! We do have to live for today..this is so true!
Blessings to you and yours...

Debra said...

LOVE IT! Everything looks just perfect. And I cracked-up when you wrote: "it was doable, but ? ? ?" So funny! I love how you are living in the present... It's like the present is a present from God, right? :) Again, good job! Blessings, Debra

Saija said...

rita ... i haven't had a chance to mess it up yet ... give me time!

mindy ... thank you - i am enjoying my little area ... :o)

debra ... well, you know - when it has to do - then it's doable ... *grinning*

Catherine said...

Wow! Your computer area looks fabulous! I'm glad you've decided to live in the present. :)

Saija said...

catherine ... me too! the living room looks so much more liveable ... with new curtains and ottoman ... all it needs now is a large area rug to cover the old carpet - but leo thinks he might trip on it, so i won't push for it ... poor leo has enough trouble NOT tripping these days ... oh, and i love your new file photo - very sheek ... :o)