Monday, January 01, 2007

first day of 2007 ...

hope you all had a most excellent first day of 2007 ...

leo and i are still amazed that just one year ago, we were still living in our cottage ... with no idea where we would move to ... our waiting place, the rental, showed up a few weeks later ... and for sure, we had no idea that we would be living right in our little town, in the condo we wanted, for this holiday season ...

well ... all of the changes in our life, brought to mind a post that
Becky (who hasn't blogged in a very long time now) wrote a few years back ... it is such a true thought ...


Trusting The Man That Died For Me

" My child, you can trust the Man that died for you.
If you can't trust Him who can you trust?"


These words fell from the pages of my Streams In The Desert devotional book and landed in my lap with a thud. The simplicity of this statement stunned me. Of course, it's so obvious! Why would the man who died for me, not take absolute care of me? I mean, it wouldn't make any sense for Him to go through all the anguish and humiliation and suffering that He did for my sake, just to let me flounder about on my own power and stumble and fall and just lay there drowning in sadness and discouragement. Surely, He wants to see me thrive and bloom and grow so that others will see and notice and say, "Hey, there goes that girl that Jesus died for. Wow, what a difference He's made in her life." And so, I will trust this Man that died for me with every little detail of my life. It just makes sense.

7 comments:

Maggie Ann said...

The God-man...makes me think of the words to the hymn...'Hallelujah, what a Saviour! Happy New Year =). We just finished watching the animated movie, Robin Hood and what a delightful movie it is. It was fun to watch the expressions change on our grandson's face from time to time as he watched it. I'm off to bed and a few chapters of my Grace L. Hill book, the Substitute Guest...how I love these stories of hers!

Terry said...

Dear Saija...I am amazed too at how the Lord worked out everything so perfect for you and Leo.
As I have been reading your postings for awhile, I used to wonder how it would EVER happen!
God did it all and you guys just had to wait while he was in the head clearing the way!!
I, myself always have a hard waiting!
I guess the Lord knows that about us too because why does He always have to encourage us to wait? So many verses in the Bible about waiting, eh Saija?
I am so happy for you and I think all of your blogging buddies are so happy too. I will never get tired of telling you this I guess....Love Terry

Saija said...

maggie ann ... i love that hymn! :o) ... but then again, i know the old hymns so well, i start a humming right away! and so glad you are enjoying your fam time ... what a blessing, eh?!!!

terry ... i am glad that you are glad ... it happens to us all, when we pray and trust - then look back - we get to SEE Gods hand in our lives ... it's just those steps forward that need our faith - cause those steps are still taken into unknown space! blessings to you!

Anonymous said...

Just catching up with everyone in the bloghosphere.
Blessings to the new year!
-e-

Saija said...

eija ... same to you! the new year has started in a pleasantly busy way and i too have to go a visiting one and all ... but later - i have go go watch for my sunrise now! :o)

C. H. Green said...

Hi Saija,
Just wanted you to know I enjoy your blog. I have so many, it's hard to make all the rounds all the time. But my sis, PT2006 brags on your posts all the time. I've gotten her addicted to blogging I think.

Saija said...

c.h. ... thanks for popping by, and for the encouragement ... i do know what you mean about many blogs and little time ... there ARE thousands of wonderful blogs out there, and no way to keep up with one and all ... so as the Lord directs, so we go - right? blessings on your writing!