Thursday, June 30, 2005
and the rains came down ...
on my way to work this morning, i discovered that our 2 miles of dirt road had flooded in 4 different areas! sigh ... we have gotten so much of that liquid sunshine here in "sunny" Manitoba (which shall soon be re-named "soggy" Manitoba!) ... in the afternoon the sun finally made an appearance ... it is scheduled to beam down on us for 2 days before the rains start again ...
i think i want to build me an ark! so with that in mind, here are some things to be learned from Noah ... as shared by some unknown e-mailer ...
1. Don't miss the boat
2. Remember that we are all in the same boat.
3. Plan ahead. It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark.
4. Stay fit. When you're 600 years old, someone may ask you to do something really big.
5. Don't listen to critics; just get on with the job that needs to be done.
6. Build your future on high ground.
7. For safety's sake, travel in pairs.
8. Speed isn't always an advantage. The snails were on board with the cheetahs.
9. When you're stressed, float a while.
10. Remember, the Ark was built by amateurs; the Titanic by professionals.
11. No matter the storm, when you are with God, there's always a rainbow waiting.