Friday, January 16, 2009

He goes before ...

nothing can touch us - before it goes through God first ...

we are hedged around by His protection ...

the things that are allowed in our lives are for a purpose ... for our spiritual maturity and growth ...

i write these words from a point of grace ... most of my readings this week have all touched on the sovereignty of God ... and it truly does comfort my heart ...

though here on earth, there is always something to pray earnestly about ... case in point, my sister maria was hospitalized again on tuesday ... we knew she had been discharged too soon ... but at least she is once again getting the type of care she needs ... for that we are grateful ...

we don't have to worry and fret - because we are not like those without hope ... in Christ we are ever hopeful and confident that He hears our prayer ... that all things will work out in the manner our Heavenly Father thinks is best ...


Matthew 10:28-31 (New Living Translation)

28 “Don’t be afraid of those who want to kill your body; they cannot touch your soul. Fear only God, who can destroy both soul and body in hell.
29 What is the price of two sparrows—one copper coin? But not a single sparrow can fall to the ground without your Father knowing it.
30 And the very hairs on your head are all numbered.
31 So don’t be afraid; you are more valuable to God than a whole flock of sparrows.

11 comments:

Mari said...

And isn't it wonderful that we pray to our God who cares about everything going on in our lives and desires to hear from us?
I'm sorry Maria is back in the hospital and will be praying for her.

Cathy said...

Thanks for the beautiful, encouraging post, dear. I am so sorry Maria is back in the hospital.

Debbie Petras said...

I love that you wrote "nothing can touch us - before it goes through God first". I needed to read that just now. Thank you for this reminder. I couldn't sleep and thought I'd read a few blogs and I read yours. It was what I needed to read. I believe I will be able to go back to sleep now. Thank you Saija.

Mimi said...

poor little Maria has had such a time of it with her health...but God is using her to touch the lives of the rest of us...
we are praying for her comfort and also for her husband as he cares for her...

I know this is hard for you to watch as your loved sister has such a struggle with her health..

blessings to you and your family,
Mimi

Amrita said...

These words and the picturte is very heartening Saija and Maria 's testimony which you shared with us.

As a family is in a bit of a whirlpool and good to be reminded of God 's purposes and plans for our klives and His protection too.

Pray Maria is gaining new strength day by day.

Sita said...

Saija,
I remember an episode of Touched By An Angel, where a prisoner was receiving a beating by cruel guards. Monica wrapped herself around this woman and took the major brunt--a vivid illustration of how He bears our 'pain'.
Were it not for Him and His protection, we would be 'goners'---esp. in the light of what I heard today of what little girls as young as 6-yrs-old are forced to do.

God can take these 'ashes' and transform them into beauty...may God give you all the strength needed for today..
Love, Sita

Btw---love that picture!

daisymarie said...

Holding out and onto hope with you.

Debra said...

Prayers are still being said for your sister... I'm glad you are staying so hopeful as God would want you (us) to. Hang in there with God and all will be well... Blessings, Debra

Felisol said...

Dear Saija,
your blog posts are always encouraging.
I was also looking for a word of comfort and found the one my father read over and over
"30 And the very hairs on your head are all numbered"
He used to laugh and say the God really kept a close loo, as the amount of hair varies almost from day to day.
How blessed and protected we are.
From Felisol

Linda said...

Oh Saija, I am just now catching up with your blog and am sorry to hear about your sister. I am praying RIGHT THIS MOMENT for God's healing hand to be upon her and for her to be surrounded by His grace and mercy.

Catherine said...

I'm so sorry to hear that Maria is back in the hospital, but I hope that this time they will keep her there until she is well enough to be discharged. She remains in my thoughts and prayers, as do you and the rest of her family and all of the doctors, nurses, and hospital staff who are caring for her.