Sunday, January 04, 2009

maria update

maria had a good day today ...

she still has the breathing tube in, but they are giving her some meds that they hope will make the lungs function better ... even tho' maria couldn't talk, she wrote little notes to her husband ...

that was all good news ... :o)

it sounds like she's not in distress ... she even had the restraints on her hands removed - but when she got tired and was ready for a snooze, she had motioned for the nurse to put them back on (she tends to pick on the tubes/iv's/etc. in her sleep) ...

thank you so much for praying ... maria still has many hurdles to overcome ... but this has been the best day since she went in ... and for that we are thankful!

11 comments:

donna said...

have been praying for her....

hugs to you

Jammie J. said...

I've been praying for her health and for your peace about the situation since last night. Will continue to do so.

Much love to you and Leo.

Mari said...

Thanks for passing on this good report!

Pat said...

"It sounds like she is not in distress"...those are such important words. They are important to Maria, but also to you and her loved ones. God continues to provide that peace that only He can give...that peace that passes understanding.
I will continue to keep her in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

I think my heart skipped a beat or two when I saw that you had updated already. Whew! How good to read that she seems not to be in distress. I will continue to pray for her. Poor dear!

grammy said...

So glad she is doing better. Keep us posted. Will pray.

daisymarie said...

I would probably need the restraints too...I'm a picker and puller, too.

Cathy said...

Thank the Lord, Saija, I am so glad to hear that report.

Amrita said...

Dear Saija, I read about Maria and I am so sorry to hear that she is going through all this.

I am praying for her healing and comfort.The Lord takes us through such deep waters sometimes to test our faith.

In your new profile picture you look like an adventurer.

Anonymous said...

glad to hear that! ;)


huggs

Unknown said...

Diabetes does affect all the organs and can be very serious. This is good news and we will keep her in our prayers.