Wednesday, January 07, 2009

open paths ...

my daily readings from Streams in the Desert (by L.B. Cowman) have been so timely ...

here is a portion of yesterdays devotional:


When you pass through the waters . . . they will not sweep over you.
(Isaiah 43:2)

God does not open paths for us before we come to them, or provide help before help is needed. He does not remove obstacles out of our way before we reach them. Yet when we are at our point of need, God's hand is outstretched.

Many people forget this truth and continually worry about difficulties they envision in the future. They expect God to open and clear many miles of road before them, but He promises to do it step by step, only as their need arises. J.R.M.

leo had an appointment today ... with a new doctor ... we had believed and prayed that it would be all right ... yet beforehand, there were still those bits of apprehension ... "Lord, not again! this is stressful!" ...

but it went well ... he was compassionate ... open and friendly ... and willing to take leo on as a patient ...

God prepared the way ... and we are ever so grateful!

8 comments:

Mari said...

God always takes care of us, but we still sorry . I'm so glad the appointment went well!

Anonymous said...

Praise God! Thank-you for sharing your good report of a positive experience of the new doctor for Leo. I am so glad that he is willing to take Leo as a new patient. I also rejoice with you for the fact that Maria is doing so much better. God is good.
My prayers continue for Maria as well as for Leo's health, and for you as Leo's caretaker.
I do so appreciate the spiritual focus of your blog. Thank you for reminding me of God's care for our daily needs.

Debbie Petras said...

Isn't that the truth? He helps us at just the right time and in the right way. I guess that's part of faith and believing Him.

Cathy said...

Her books are so good, Saija. I just got the book "Springs in the Valley," and it great. That is just wonderful that all went so well with Leo's appointment.

Catherine said...

More good news! I'm so glad to hear Leo has a new doctor. I hope Maria is continuing to improve.

grammy said...

Glad you had some good news. I have not been reading your blog long enough to know about the situation with Leo, but some things seem to have worked out. Blessings to you.

Crown of Beauty said...

Praise God for two good things to thank Him about. I will remember to pray for Leo, and for Maria... and through it all, that your faith and hope and joy will continue to grow!

Mrs. Mac said...

I am happy to read about your sister being discharged. The feeling of anxiety is to be expected and I truly pray that she and her husband can be at more ease.

The passage you quoted will be an inspiration for my daughter. In fact, I can share it from my copy of the same book.

I'm praying that Leo and his new doctor will be a good fit. God has opened a door and the perfect time.

Hugs,