Wednesday, September 21, 2005

another season closes



leo is still sleeping, as i contemplate getting another cup of coffee ...

i'm also thinking about another season ending ... how fleeting the summer was! ... how quickly the sand in my hourglass is disappearing ... i can definitely see why the scripture compares our life to grass that is here ... and then is gone ... or is it just because i've lived through my share of summers?

i'm quite contemplative this morning ... the onset of Autumn does that to me, makes me reflect ... or maybe it's just my Finlander blood? *smile*

reflection isn't a bad thing, as long as i don't let it bog me down ... i've done that in the past ... it can keep me "thinking", instead of "doing" ... so i need to be careful here ... it seems that my thinking is just brewing instead ... spilling over like cement, giving me those weighty boots! ... i would prefer it to spill over like soapy bubbles, freeing me to move ahead ...

yes seasonal changes make me ponder, ponder, ponder ...

so i set 2 cups out ... one for you ... one for me ... it is always nice to chat with a friend to clear my head ... shall i pour you another cup too?

* * * * * * * * * * *

"Cause me to hear Your lovingkindness in the morning, for in You do I trust; cause me to know the way in which I should walk, for I lift up my soul to You." Psalm 143:8

No comments: