Friday, September 23, 2005

come to the banquet

Posted by Picasa



do you remember The Wedding Banquet song by Sister Miriam Therese Winter? the chorus goes like this:

I cannot come to the banquet, don't trouble me now.
I have married a wife, I have bought me a cow.
I have fields and commitments that cost a pretty sum,
Pray hold me excused, I cannot come
!

one day, there will be a spectacular banquet for those who have placed their trust in Jesus ... for those who have humbled themselves and who have asked forgiveness for their sins ...

i stand with that number, the forgiven ones ... eternally sealed within the body of Christ ... sure i have stumbled and fallen many a time - yet the Lord keeps picking me up, reminding me that i am not alone ...

one day by God’s grace, i will be sitting at the banquet table ... my favourite food will be before me, loved ones all around - yet my eyes will be on my Redeemer - the one who called me to come partake of the banquet ... who’s sweet
invitation i accepted at the age of 12 ...

how can anyone say they don’t want to be there too?

why would anyone snub their nose at God’s free gift to mankind?

maybe it’s not an outright denial or refusal by some ... people do get caught up in their lives and say "later, Lord - i’ll take care of that later ... when i’m older ... when i’m not so busy ... later" ... but what if later doesn’t come? what if you die and there is no place at the banquet table set for you?

i earnestly pray that all my blog buds will be there - that we will be feasting together ... enjoying eternity with the One who paid the ultimate price for our souls.

No comments: