Saturday, September 24, 2005

cycles, pain and solid Rock ...

Posted by Picasa



Autumn is really starting to get serious in our area ... leaves are changing, leaves are falling ... they are showing us what a short lifespan they have ... it's all a part of the cycle ... the rhythm of life ...

Leo really feels these seasonal changes ... his back, which had just started enjoying some dry summer warmth, is reacting to the cool dampness that has invaded the area ... we both know that his body will ache more ... yet it is difficult to watch or accept ... not all cycles are enjoyable ones, just to be endured the best way we know how ...

God's word reminds me that "The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer ... in my distress I called upon the Lord ... He did hear my voice ... "
2 Samuel 22

i want my faith to be firm, standing on the solid bedrock of Christ ... everything else will fade and disappear ...

so as i head for bed ... to keep my spirits grounded, the following hymn is what is on my lips and in my heart ...



My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus’ blood and righteousness.
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly trust in Jesus’ Name.

Refrain

On Christ the solid Rock I stand,
All other ground is sinking sand;
All other ground is sinking sand.

When darkness seems to hide His face,
I rest on His unchanging grace.
In every high and stormy gale,
My anchor holds within the veil.

Refrain

When He shall come with trumpet sound,
Oh may I then in Him be found.
Dressed in His righteousness alone,
Faultless to stand before the throne.

Refrain

No comments: