Friday, September 09, 2005

my little town

it’s a lovely September day here in my part of the world ... the warmth of the breeze almost fools the unsuspecting that it is still mid-summer ... almost ... but the hint of colour in the forest warns the wise - this is summers last hoorah ...

i enjoyed walking in my little town today ... i took a picture of the town dock and beach to share with you ...




Image hosted by TinyPic.com


isn’t it quaint? i continued my walk and stopped at the local library and took out some books ... after checking the mail (we have a post office box), i chatted with a local grocer, who gave me 2 lollipops, one for Leo and one for me ... back in my car, i was pulling out on to main street and the grocer played traffic cop ... indicating when it was safe for me to pull into the street ... *smile* ... i love small towns ...

after coffee at my aunts, it was time to head home ...

the only yucky part of the day was filling up my car with gas ... i had just under a quarter of a tank left, i was HOPING (i do have a large reserve of hope most days) to see a drop in the price, but not so ... sigh ... so i paid $54.00 for a tank of gas ... owie ...

i thank the Lord for my day ... and even high gas prices ... after all God has supplied all my needs ... even those expensive fill ups! ... it’s all good ... in my little town ...

here is a weekend chuckle for you ...



When I got home last night, my wife demanded that I take her out to some place expensive .........

Image hosted by TinyPic.com

So I took her to a gas station!!!!!!!

No comments: